Question about submitting to agencies

Spidercat

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I'm considering sending a query out to Writers House where I've located several agents (mostly junior level) that represent my type of writing. However I hear that it's bad form to send multiple queries to different agents in the same agencies. Any ideas on how to proceed? Should I just send one letter to the agent I believe is my best prospect? Or will the agency direct my letter to other agents who might be interested in my book even though I don't specifically ask for them?

Thanks!

Vomaxx

Registered
Reaction score
Website
andiriel.blogspot.com
Send the letter to one agent. Good agencies will certainly pass it along if the agent thinks someone else there might be interested. (Imagine the confusion if you did send the letter to mutliple agents at the same agency and two of them replied favorably. You could hardly send partials to both of them.)

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Yep. That's how Writer's House works, all right. They're my agency. Just send it to the agent you're interested in and they'll pass it along if someone else might be interested instead. Writer's Market has the full list of agents and what they represent. Good luck! :)