PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Delete Your Profile?

JRTurner
10-20-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm nearly put in the hospital for a severe infection and return to find that not only has everyone used the opportunity to say nasty things about me, but the thread has been closed.

I didn't sign up here to be targeted by haters and I'd rather leave y'all to your little insular party than dare attend again.

So, if there is no option to delete my profile for myself, then someone else please do so.

I'd say thank you, but that's far too polite.

dpaterso
10-20-2010, 04:41 PM
You're referring to your editing rant thread?

It got closed because things got nasty. As a measure of disapproval of said nastiness.

Deleting profiles can affect the database index and could cause blips, so we just don't do that. If you're not happy then just stop posting, eventually your username will time out and begone.

Be better if you could just shrug this off and continue to contribute, though. Just a suggestion.

FAQ forum isn't the place for this, but I'll leave it be for now, forum mods may decide otherwise -- and those replies above ain't helping at all.

-Derek

JRTurner
10-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Fine. It would have been nice if the name-calling posts were deleted before the thread was closed to responses, but if you decided they were well within the forum rules, far be it from me to say any different.

Though you have to wonder if a snowflake and a question mark are considered "unhelpful" then why would a post calling me a hypocrite be considered helpful? But, I'm sure this post will be deleted as well, so I won't waste anymore energy on this.