PDA

View Full Version : Might Have Found A Writing Space

dirtsider
10-19-2010, 06:58 PM
A new Arts Center just opened up recently near me within the past couple of weeks. While I had planned to follow up with them to see if they'd be willing to host a writing seminar eventually (I'm part of a writing society in my area/state), I just realized... this might be a place for me to go to to do some writing. I get distracted at home and generally end up not writing. So it's either this Arts Center (if there's room) or going to the Library. Good thing is, I do have a laptop I can use. I've just been too lazy to go out and do anything with it since the tea shop I liked closed down and went virtual.

So now it's just a matter of stopping in and checking the arts center out. Might as well get my money's worth out of it, especially if I can get some writing done.

ishtar'sgate
10-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Sounds pretty good. Wish I could do something like that. Unfortunately I need to be surrounded by photos and images of my historical era in order to get in the'zone' and those are all on the wall in front of my desk.

dirtsider
10-19-2010, 10:31 PM
My problem is, if I'm home, I'm surrounded by my yarn and movies and I get distracted by them. That and I generally just want to vege out.... with my movies and crocheting. I'm going to try and get over the Art Center some time this week. If not, probably first thing next week. Good thing it's on my way home. They converted the old Fire Station so it should be interesting to see what it looks on the inside now. Wonder if they offer tea/coffee there. If not, oh well. I do want to see what they're offering in way of classes, anyway.

dirtsider
10-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Edited as of 10-21: Well, I stopped in to the arts center, which is on my way home. Yep, I can 'set up shop' there in the front. That part's kinda small but that's ok. It's got a table and chair, which is basically all I need. It does have a larger space, which is part art gallery/part temp theater as well as a room off the gallery for classes. And it has a small 'coffee shop' in the front so I don't have to worry about bringing in something to drink unless I want to.

So now I have two places (the art center and the library) to go to to write, instead of procrastinating at home. Now I just have to make sure to bring my laptop when I leave the house....