Have concerns about a "humorous" essay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannah

Registered
Reaction score
a few days ago, I started writing an essay that’s supposed to be sort of humorous (dry humor). I’m still in the rough draft stages and I’m getting a little concerned about the content.

The working title is “The Day I Die”. I start out by poking fun at myself, about aging, with things like, “having a wobble in my walk, but keeping the pressure on my good leg” and “having an ovary or two withering in a hazardous-waste landfill”. I even talk about “having my teeth sitting on the bathroom sink”.

The entire essay is poking fun at me. However, I don’t want to offend anyone because it may be inappropriate, or my wicked sense of humor. I have a bad feeling about it.

What do you think?

(for the record, i'm 32 yrs old)

Last edited:

Hannah

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, now I dont feel too bad about it :Shrug:

I'm going to keep working on it!

rich

"Humor is plucking the feathers of tragic events and serving a sumptious dinner with the carcass."

Me

rich

Yeah, true. I once bought three live lobsters--very expensive. I had them crawling around my kitchen before I cooked them. My dog found the threesome very entertaining. I figured if I'm gonna invest that much in a meal I'd get the most out of them.

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
chicken puppet

I know that I am not the only one to stick their hand up a chicken and make it do the chicken puppet show...

I am?

Oh well.

Hanna, write what you feel. Let the others worry about whether it offends them.

Allen

rich

When I got married my wife knew little about cooking. (Hmm, not much has changed.) She had bought a whole chicken and pulled out the innards. She came face to face with this elongaged bony structure and I had to tell her, "No, honey, that's his neck, his neck.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
rich said:
When I got married my wife knew little about cooking. (Hmm, not much has changed.) She had bought a whole chicken and pulled out the innards. She came face to face with this elongaged bony structure and I had to tell her, "No, honey, that's his neck, his neck.

:ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.