Short nonfiction???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tertius

Bliss-ninny
Registered
Reaction score
I have a single, short, nonfiction piece that I am interested in. The piece stands alone/doesn't fit with the other shorts. Any ideas what I can do with it? I had originally planned(?) to do a series of stories and compile them for a very private market, but I am an habitual and professional procrastinator (the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese). Wondering about other compilations, anthologies...Any ideas?

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
Books like Chicken Soup for the Soul and Cup of Comfort use nonfiction shorts. You just have to keep your eyes open. I've published several of these in various anthologies - one about food, one about travel. They don't pay well, but if you have no other place to put the piece, that may not matter. Often anthologies are topical. If you tell us the topic, we might have more concrete suggestions. Literary magazines also use creative nonfiction. Few pay, but some are quite prestigous.

Tertius

Bliss-ninny
Registered
Reaction score
It is a short article about an experience in which my son and I "rescued" my wife and daughter from a snake, then freed the snake, rather than kill it. It's a cute story, perhaps I'll post it sometime and get some feedback on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.