PDA

View Full Version : Marital Synergy

Grrarrgh
10-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Today is my wedding anniversary. A few weeks ago, I came up with the perfect gift for Mr. Grr. I went online to buy him the original art for a specific comic strip that we both enjoy, but it had been sold. Which was a bummer.
Undaunted, I went back out into the wide world of gift giving and came up with perfectly acceptable, though much more lame, gift to present him with today.
Last night at the stroke of midnight, he ran into the room to wake me up, claiming that I had to open his gift because it was the best gift ever and he couldn't wait anymore. What was it? The original art for the comic strip I had been trying to buy him. I don't think that a cry of "What!?!?!? You're the jerk that bought this?!?!!?" was exactly the reaction he was expecting, but he got over it. :)

Seaclusion
10-14-2010, 09:15 PM
If you like pina coladas......

Richard

NeuroFizz
10-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Did he like his new leaf-blower?

Chris P
10-14-2010, 09:23 PM
The O Henry punchline of your story is you were both outbidding each other on eBay.

EDIT: Happy anniversary! Which comic strip is it?

Yeshanu
10-14-2010, 09:24 PM
:ROFL:

It does tell you one thing though--you two were made for each other. Happy anniversary!

Lavern08
10-14-2010, 09:31 PM
:ROFL:

It does tell you one thing though--you two were made for each other. Happy anniversary!

Indeed.

(I immediately thought of The Gift of the Magi also)

Grrarrgh
10-14-2010, 09:56 PM
The O Henry punchline of your story is you were both outbidding each other on eBay.

EDIT: Happy anniversary! Which comic strip is it?

It's called Sheldon. It's the story of a genius 8-year old who invented a way for his duck, Arthur, to talk and is now disgustingly rich. He lives with his grandpa, Arthur the duck, his lizard Flaco, and his pug Oso.

We met the artist/author at Comic-Con where he was selling a collection of the Oso-centric comics entitled Pugs: God's Little Weirdos and we were instantly sold on it. Plus he took the time to not only sign it, but also do a quick sketch. Any of you who know pugs know that while they are the sweetest dogs on Earth, they are as dumb as dirt, and some of the stuff he has Oso doing is hysterically funny. To us, anyway. :)

We get the comics emailed to us each day from www.sheldoncomics.com (http://www.sheldoncomics.com)

heyjude
10-14-2010, 10:24 PM
That is so cool and so funny! Happy anniversary, Grrarrgh!

SueLahna
10-14-2010, 10:53 PM
That's fantastic! Makes me eager/nervous of future engagement plans, and our own one year anniversary.
Also- remember the sn that outbid you. It would be great if it happened again around Christmas! xD

Maryn
10-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Oh, I love it! Happy anniversary to you both. Raise a glass of red to love!

Maryn, who still has that watch fob in a drawer

Grrarrgh
10-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Oh, I love it! Happy anniversary to you both. Raise a glass of red to love!

I certainly will. :) Every year on our anniversary, we have the bakery that did our wedding cake make us a little mini replica of it. It's so delicious. We start anticipating it around August. I picked it up at lunch today, so it's sitting here in my office with me and the smell is driving me crazy. I predict a dinner of red wine and lemon cake with buttercream frosting.

robeiae
10-15-2010, 04:06 AM
It's called Sheldon. It's the story of a genius 8-year old who invented a way for his duck, Arthur, to talk and is now disgustingly rich. He lives with his grandpa, Arthur the duck, his lizard Flaco, and his pug Oso.

We met the artist/author at Comic-Con where he was selling a collection of the Oso-centric comics entitled Pugs: God's Little Weirdos and we were instantly sold on it. Plus he took the time to not only sign it, but also do a quick sketch. Any of you who know pugs know that while they are the sweetest dogs on Earth, they are as dumb as dirt, and some of the stuff he has Oso doing is hysterically funny. To us, anyway. :)

We get the comics emailed to us each day from www.sheldoncomics.com (http://www.sheldoncomics.com)
Dammit! I was trying to buy that...

MissMacchiato
10-15-2010, 04:28 AM
hahaha, that's too awesome. I agree, you were meant for each other!

happy anniversary, and many, many happy returns!

robeiae
10-15-2010, 04:33 AM
Oddly enough, on my last anniversary I give my wife a very sexy bra and panties set from Victoria's Secret. Imagine my surprise when we exchanged gifts and I found out she had gotten me the exact same set...well, except the set I got her had a bigger cup size.

William Haskins
10-15-2010, 04:36 AM
your constant trolling for validation of your small tits never gets old, rob.

robeiae
10-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Hey, I've been working out you know...

Grrarrgh
10-15-2010, 04:42 AM
We must, we must, we must increase our busts....

William Haskins
10-15-2010, 04:43 AM
happy anniversary.

robeiae
10-15-2010, 05:34 AM
Thank you.