Books or Flicks?!

NikeeGoddess

Banned
Reaction score
Harry Potter the book or Harry Potter the flick?!

it doesn't matter. yes many.....most consider books better than movies. but, sometimes movies are better than books. it's not a competition but, we screenwriters love flicks more than books. a good story is a good story whether it's written and read or seen on the screen but, everything seen on the screen must be written and read first. so read!

you book writers love books more than flicks but, you still pay $9 to see a movie on the big screen. we want you to get your money's worth. tell us what you would pay to see by voting in the screenwriter's competition. not knowing or understanding scriptwriting is no excuse. just try and picture what you read. if you can picture it on the big screen then.....VOTE! and have a nice day ;)

NG

p.s.
joe has done a great job with prizes in excess of $1000. Wow!!! don't have sour grapes b/c the winner of the idol contest did not get such a prize. they just didn't have the great marketer working it but, joe needs you all to participate to encourage him to do the same for the next idol contest.....which btw treated the scripts like 2nd class stories :(

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
It took me a while to figure out why you were posting this here. At first I thought it was spam until I got to the point of your post, which is halfway through the last paragraph.

I didn't see that at all about your coments regarding scripts in the Idol competition. Frankly, I think that's rather disparaging against Jenna and everyone who worked so hard on it, but that might just be me.

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

I do not need to be reminded to vote in your competition, since it's been posted REPEATEDLY in every single thread.

I don't have 'sour grape'...I just don't care.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
NikeeGoddess said:
Harry Potter the book or Harry Potter the flick?!

it doesn't matter. yes many.....most consider books better than movies. but, sometimes movies are better than books. it's not a competition but, we screenwriters love flicks more than books. a good story is a good story whether it's written and read or seen on the screen but, everything seen on the screen must be written and read first. so read!

you book writers love books more than flicks but, you still pay $9 to see a movie on the big screen. we want you to get your money's worth. tell us what you would pay to see by voting in the screenwriter's competition. not knowing or understanding scriptwriting is no excuse. just try and picture what you read. if you can picture it on the big screen then.....VOTE! and have a nice day ;)

NG

p.s.
joe has done a great job with prizes in excess of $1000. Wow!!! don't have sour grapes b/c the winner of the idol contest did not get such a prize. they just didn't have the great marketer working it but, joe needs you all to participate to encourage him to do the same for the next idol contest.....which btw treated the scripts like 2nd class stories :(

If I did like movies more than books, I wouldn't admit it in public. To me, that's sort of like admitting to an affair with the family pet. I have had screenplays optioned, but I've never paid $9 to see a movie.

Seriously, I read a lot of scripts when I have to, but I get zero pleasure from it, and darned if I'll read one I don't have to read. I get no pleasure at all from reading scripts, let alone reading more than one. I doubt I'd be any sort of competent judge.

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
NikeeGoddess said:
encourage him to do the same for the next idol contest.....which btw treated the scripts like 2nd class stories
JenNipps said:
Frankly, I think that's rather disparaging against Jenna and everyone who worked so hard on it, but that might just be me.
That's right Jen.

And in fact, as someone who volunteered a large chunk of his free time to read and judge every single one of over three hundred Idol entries, I find the suggestion of what amounts to prejudice deeply f*cking insulting. You know how many people entered a screenplay into the Idol contest? Don't bother looking it up, I'll tell you - there were three. And do you want to know why none of them made it into the finals? Really? Do I have to spell it out?

I find it admirable that you're passionate about your craft, and that you're doing all you can to promote the screenwriting competition, but spamming all of the other boards with defamatory comments about Jenna, me and my fellow judges is really not the way to go about it.

If, on the other hand, you simply want to cast a shadow over yourself and your fellow screenwriters and make a mockery of the competition, by all means carry on.