I got an honorable mention

Munchkin

Registered
Reaction score
I entered the contest that Writer's Digest has every month, and I got honorable mention and a free maganzine. My family thought it was good, but didn't really get as excited as I did. They didn't understand that this is the first writing contest I've entered and won something.

I was doing the Munchkin dance.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Munchkin, you have EVERY right to be proud! The monthly Writer's Digest contests garner thousands and thousands of entries! Making an honorable mention over there is like making it to the second round on American Idol! Try entering one of their short story contests. It's a very good way to get your name out there. I got an honorable mention on a short mystery back several years ago. I tagged in at 98th out of 100 for honorable mentions. I shrugged and patted myself on the back. But then I learned that there were 16,480 entries from all over the world in that genre! WOW! Did that make my day! Suddenly, my family was a bit more impressed... ;)

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Munchkin.:banana:

And hi, Anne - wondered where you'd gone to. :)

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Munchkin said:
I entered the contest that Writer's Digest has every month, and I got honorable mention and a free maganzine. My family thought it was good, but didn't really get as excited as I did. They didn't understand that this is the first writing contest I've entered and won something.

I was doing the Munchkin dance.

Munchkin that's wonderful news!!! Oooh I feeeeel a nana-nana-da-nana-fee-fi-fo-nana dance coming on......
emoticonbanana.gif
emoticonbanana.gif
emoticonbanana.gif
emoticonhi.gif
emoticonbanana.gif
emoticonbanana.gif
emoticonbanana.gif

black winged fighter

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic! Do tell your family the statistics of your score, and see if that doesn't make their eyes spin!