Stepping out on a limb...

ChronicSelfEditor

F.K.A. NolaBlue
Registered
Reaction score
I am hoping this is the right place to post this. If it's completely inappropriate, please feel free to remove it.

I don't know where else to ask about this and don't really want my family to know I'm doing this.

I would like to know if anyone here is a dog breeder or perhaps knows one very well. I need help on how one might report a breeder to somwhere like the AKC. I have looked on the AKC website, but am merely guessing whether the Investigations and Inspections Department is the correct department to direct my suspicions toward.

Any help would be appreciated.

anne_holly

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I am hoping this is the right place to post this. If it's completely inappropriate, please feel free to remove it.

I don't know where else to ask about this and don't really want my family to know I'm doing this.

I would like to know if anyone here is a dog breeder or perhaps knows one very well. I need help on how one might report a breeder to somwhere like the AKC. I have looked on the AKC website, but am merely guessing whether the Investigations and Inspections Department is the correct department to direct my suspicions toward.

Any help would be appreciated.

If the offences are serious enough, couldn't you contact the police or ASPCA? Or is a matter of business practices?

anne_holly

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I believe the problem would fall under the business practices aspect.

Ah, good (for the animals, I mean). In that case, maybe try the BBB or commerce society, as well as the Kennel Association? Do you know for sure which orgs the breeder is affiliated with? Those would be the easiest ones to contact. As to how, specifically, I am not sure - likely an email inquiry might be best, and have them tell you exactly who to contact.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...I would like to know if anyone here is a dog breeder or perhaps knows one very well. I need help on how one might report a breeder to somewhere like the AKC.
Nola, it might be more helpful if you describe the specific concerns you have regarding the breeder. It's hard to offer advice based on what little you've told us thus far.

ChronicSelfEditor

F.K.A. NolaBlue
Registered
Reaction score
Silver King, I believe she is breeding within generations of dog families that are too close and losing entire litters because she believes her dogs are superior to any other. She claims the breeder our latest puppy came from is inferior solely based on the fact that none of his dogs have been shown. I'm thinking that because of this she's not going to find a dog she doesn't own to breed with her bitches. God only knows how many times the bitches have been used. For many years we bought older dogs from her, usually 4-5 years old, and they've been okay for the most part, but the last dog we got from her is more skittish than a dog should be. I believed for years that she was just anti-social, but I don't think she ever learned how to be social. She was a show dog and I'm sure was treated with no love and affection.

It's horrible to think what she may be doing. I realise I could be completely off base with this, but I'd rather have things investigated by someone with the authority to do something.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Now that certainly sheds more light on the situation. Thank you for clarifying your concerns, and I hope those with the knowledge to help will steer you in the right direction.