Amazon And Those Nifty Author Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinCBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
walkingwiththemailman.com
So what's the secret to getting one of those "Related Media" videos on Amazon? I'm referring to the videos that only high-profile authors seem to land. (Here's an example: Link).

Has anyone had experience with obtaining permission to include one? If so, what did you do?

The charity I am supporting through book sales has an excellent video I'd like to add. It's a video of Shaquille O'Neal encouraging support, so it's not dinky. (You can see it here: Link).

So, yeah, anyway, what would you suggest?

Many thanks!

Austin

James M M Baldwin

Caught Somewhere in Time
Registered
Reaction score
On the product page that you want to add the video, in the "product details" section try clicking on the update product info link. Good luck.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
While these book trailers are new and nifty things to have, I personally think they work better for visual or musical products than the written word. I don't want to watch a video. I want to read an excerpt before I hit the buy button.

AustinCBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
walkingwiththemailman.com
Oh, I agree. I am supporting a charity, and I wanted to highlight their charity by including a video clip of Shaq drawing attention to the organization.

Unfortunately, Amazon got back with me and said that they only do this for certain publishers.

Status
Not open for further replies.