PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider this an accomplishment?

David McAfee
09-23-2005, 06:19 AM
I got a very fast form rejection from an agent, and I did the previously unthinkable: I wrote back to ask why. I didn't expect a reply, but I got one. This is what she had to say:

"Dear Mr. McAfee,

It seemed derivative of other books on the market though your writing was
strong. I'd be happy to take a look at anything new and original in the
future!"

Now, I have plenty of ideas, it was my writing ability I was worried about. this is the most encouraging rejection I've gotten yet. :D

I'm still going to try and get this story published, but this makes it easier to start on something else.

Munchkin
09-23-2005, 02:20 PM
I would if I were you. He said your writing was strong.He took the time to give you an honest response that to me was pretty good.

azbikergirl
09-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Oh yeah. I'd take honest feedback like that any day. Good for you for having the guts to ask!

awatkins
09-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Well, there ya go! Congrats on such an encouraging message. :)

Bufty
09-23-2005, 08:16 PM
I would. Come up with something new and original and you've already got an Agent who would like to see it.

Robin Bayne
09-24-2005, 02:52 AM
That is a "good" rejection! I would send him something else along with a brief market analysis to show you've checked the competition for similar books!

David McAfee
09-24-2005, 03:19 AM
That is a "good" rejection! I would send him something else along with a brief market analysis to show you've checked the competition for similar books!

I would if I had anything else to send. This is my first book.