PDA

View Full Version : Kalan LP Call for Subs!

Reece10
10-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

This one just landed in my inbox from Kalan LP. They want Birthday and Valentines ideas. Check the link below for more details.

http://submitfunnystuff.com/
Please look at our website www.kalanlp.com (http://www.kalanlp.com) to see the type of greeting card copy we are looking for. We need risque,edgy and funny copy ASAP!

OK, WAIT..for some reason when you go to their website the date is Feb 23rd 2010 with the heading New Batch of Birthday Greeting Cards and then samples below.

Did anyone else get the email for Birthday and Valentines cards?

Reece

Susie
10-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Yep, I did, Reece. Not sure I'll send though because they always seem so confused. Thx for sharing.

Cabria
10-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks Reece. Got that email too. I might sub - not sure. I don't think any of us from the gc forum received any replies whatsoever on our last subs.

peg
10-09-2010, 12:48 AM
I went in to look at the ones I submitted for last call, and they all are listed as "pending review".

I probably won't send more. : )

redflame
10-09-2010, 04:07 AM
Yes, I received emails too but don't feel inclined to sub.

Susie
10-09-2010, 08:23 AM
I never got any reply, Cabbie. That's why I'm reluctant and I remember we all worked hard with that...

Lavern08
10-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I never got any reply, Cabbie. That's why I'm reluctant and I remember we all worked hard with that...

Ditto...

...I'll be really steamed if I ever see one of my (several) submissions in a card shop. :rant:

Cabria
10-09-2010, 09:27 PM

You're right Suse. We all worked hard and put a lot of time into our subs. Some of these companies are truly turning off their freelancers - we all seem less inclined to sub b/c of this.

jollyjeff
10-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Ditto. I'm still waiting to hear about the ideas I submitted during the Eisenhower administration. I'll probably submit more though but only if they've already been rejected by other companies.
Jeff

Poppy
10-11-2010, 06:50 PM
I don't know yet if I will try Kalan again. I don't really like how they're doing things now.

Susie
10-11-2010, 07:34 PM
You're right Suse. We all worked hard and put a lot of time into our subs. Some of these companies are truly turning off their freelancers - we all seem less inclined to sub b/c of this.

It's really a shame, Cabbie. At least the editors could just say something about it, even if they decided to cancel the project. Not right...

Susie
10-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Ditto...

...I'll be really steamed if I ever see one of my (several) submissions in a card shop. :rant:

They usually don't steal writers gc's, Lavern, as far as I know. Sure hope not, anyway. Great to 'c' you here!