Should ezine sales be included in the query?

Ferret

Dook!
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered a million times, but I searched and couldn't find the right information.

In a query, is it good to include short stories sold to small, paying ezines? I'm talking about ezines that pay a semi professional rate (the one I'm thinking of pays three cents per word) and that most people probably haven't heard of.

Thanks for your responses.

Ryan_Sullivan

Agented YA Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Probably not, but that depends on what the ezine is. If it's a respectable one that's fairly well known and respected, then sure. But if it's something that the agent probably wouldn't know, I wouldn't bother.

Either way, it probably wouldn't help you that much anyway--so don't worry too much.

BrooklynLee

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
One of the agent bloggers touched on this. The basic message was include magazine credits if they are major names (the New Yorker, Atlantic Monthly, Harper's) but not otherwise. I'll find the link and add it when I do.

ETA: Of course, now I can't find the blog post I was thinking of. I did find Nathan Bransford though, and he said to only include them if they are big names or directly pertinent to what you are querying.

Last edited:

Ferret

Dook!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, that's what I figured. Thanks.