the Gun Runners

http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article/?cid=297117

*sets DVR*

Shadow_Ferret
10-07-2010, 07:21 PM
About the only one of that group I like is "To Have and Have Not."

Diana Hignutt
10-07-2010, 07:51 PM
You know, when you said Ernest movies...I thought you meant Ernest Goes to Prison, etc.

What no Snows of Kilamanjaro? That's my fave...ah Gregory Peck. But Spencer Tracy's no slouch in Old Man and the Sea.

Schu
10-07-2010, 08:07 PM
You know, when you said Ernest movies...I thought you meant Ernest Goes to Prison, etc.

This would be equally amazing, but in a more horrific sense. In my mind, they would also show documentaries on the making of the films, and a deep, critical discussion of the fine fine piece of cinema that was Ernest Saves Christmas.

Gravity
10-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey, now, I have a soft place in my heart for Ernest P. Worrell. He reminds a great deal of some of my relatives...

SirOtter
10-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Where's 'The Killers'? One of the great films noir of all time. And they're missing Tarkovsky's short version of the same story, in Russian, too.

It's all good, though. As long as it's the Gary Cooper-Helen Hayes version of A Farewell to Arms. The remake was too fiftiesish for my tastes, like so many remakes of that period, Imitation of Life being the worst example.

tammay
10-09-2010, 08:39 PM
I love TCM! A couple of weeks ago they had an evening of Tennessee Williams based films, including Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, Suddenly Last Summer, and A Period Of Adjustment (apparently, the only comedy Williams ever wrote). I appreciate the fact that they sometimes feature classic writers as well as classic film actors, directors, etc.

Tam