Politicians and the lies they tell

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39515132/ns/politics-decision_2010/

DOVER, Del. — In her first TV campaign ad since winning the GOP primary, Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell assures voters: "I'm not a witch."

The Republican Tea Party-backed candidate has been dealing with questions about witchcraft since a 1999 confession on a late-night talk show surfaced that she had dabbled in it as a teenager.

She turned me into a newt

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Seems to me she'd embrace her dabbling. The new Harry Potter movie comes out next month and she could piggyback her campaign ads.

Something along the lines of "Vote for me--Dumbledore saw me in the Mirror of Erised" would bring all those newly-turned-eighteen-and-legal-to-vote witches and wizards to the polls in droves...

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I've never heard of her. I ran across her the other day. This, and that are a cool coincidence

Its a year old, but its still their birthday

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
On a related note, this asshole seeking higher office in Florida took a $500,000 bribe and placed it in his wife's name, who then later bought a home with the proceeds.

He hasn't come clean, yet, but the FBI is on his ass now, which should help slow, and hopefully end, his political dance moves for the foreseeable future.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I find her comment totally offensive. There is nothing wrong with witchcraft. It is one of the oldest religions in the world and the principal of the religion is "Harm None". Her denial reeks of religious fear mongering. That to be associated with witchcraft is unsavory and detrimental to one's political ambitions. Dog forbid a person in politics worships a religion other than Christianity, Judaism, or Islam. Oh wait, scratch Islam, I forgot that one is bad too:sarcasm

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Shrug:Politicians lie?

Gee, who knew?

:tongue