Not open for further replies.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
You know, I almost forgot about this. :) Then I saw Robin in another thread here, and that reminded me I should post this.

To anyone in the Baltimore area, I'm going to be doing an all-day workshop on Saturday, Oct. 1, 2005 with two other romance writers, Holly Jacobs and Jamie Denton. We're going to break the day into various sections, and we're going to talk about a variety of things. Holly and I will do our "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Rules" workshop. (Where we take some of the mythological "RULES" everyone's always talking about, and blow them out of the water. <G>)

Each of us has a sub-genre/area that we specialize in, and we'll each take some time to talk about those. Holly will talk about romantic comedy and using humor in any ms to lighten the tone now and then. She'll also address the changing romantic comedy market. Jamie, who writes for Temptation, Blaze, and Brava, will talk about sex and sensuality in novels. I am going to be doing a portion on Packing an Emotional Punch - about how to deepen the emotion you put in your book, make your readers really feel for your characters.

We'll also discuss recent changes in the industry, and pretty much anything else participants want to ask us about. We're flexible. <G>

The workshop is being given by the Maryland Romance Writers. (An RWA chapter.) Cost is $40 for MRW members, $50 for non-members, and it includes a continental breakfast and your lunch.

For more info, or to register, go here:

http://www.marylandromancewriters.org/SpecialEvents.html

(Edited to add: ARRGGH! I see the registration deadline was actually a few days ago, but I'm betting if anyone wants to come and they have room, they'd be happy to have you register. Email the contact lady (Lisa Cochrane) listed on the registration form and touch base with her first.)

It would be really neat to meet any AW folk in the area. :)

Susan G.

Last edited:

JustRite

Nano: On target
Registered
Reaction score
Susan,
Please let me know if you plan anything in the San Francisco Bay area.
I would LOVE to attend!

Susan Gable

Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
JustRite said:
Susan,
Please let me know if you plan anything in the San Francisco Bay area.
I would LOVE to attend!

LOL - Yeah, me, too. <G> I've never been to San Francisco. Actually, the RWA National conference is going to be there in a few more years. I want to say 2009, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I'd have to go and look it up on the RWA website. (Just something for you to keep in mind, though, for the future. If it's going to be close to home, you should definately plan to attend!)

Susan G.

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Anything good scheduled for the Seattle area? I'll get over my phobia of boats and water to attend something like that. ;)

Susan Gable

Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Sonarbabe said:
Anything good scheduled for the Seattle area? I'll get over my phobia of boats and water to attend something like that. ;)

This is a link to the Greater Seattle RWA chapter. Hey, they have a conference coming up next weekend! (Oct. 7-9) You CAN register at the door, and they have a really terrific line-up of speakers.

http://gsrwa.org/

Here's the direct page with all the conference info: http://gsrwa.org/conference.htm

Check it out!

Susan G.

Status
Not open for further replies.