PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Horror Fridays!

BenPanced
10-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Every Friday night this month, Turner Classic Movies is showing classic Hammer Horror!

w00t! (http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article/?cid=339818)

xitomatl
10-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Saw the movies advertised today and was SO EXCITED. Hammer vampire movies are my favourites.

seun
10-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Sweet. All I have to do now is check if I have TCM.

Calla Lily
10-02-2010, 08:49 PM
This was a pleasant surprise last night! Christopher Lee was the BESTEST Dracula. And I :heart: Peter Cushing as Van Helsing. I own many Hammer Horror DVDs, and I never tire of watching them.

*checks schedule for Quatermass and the Pit aka Five Million Years to Earth*

xitomatl
10-02-2010, 10:49 PM

Saw them playing Quatermass a few weeks ago. It was the first time I had seen it and I LOVED it.

Calla Lily
10-02-2010, 11:48 PM
It's my favorite Hammer film. It's so cheesy at points yet it has great acting and a plot that makes perfect sense.

seun
10-03-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't have TCM. Therefore I hate you all.

xitomatl
10-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't have TCM. Therefore I hate you all.

You know, I was going to switch cable providers to something cheaper. Then I realized they didn't have TCM, so I made the decision to keep paying a bit more just to have that channel.

Well worth it.

joyce
10-03-2010, 08:39 PM
I was so tired yesterday because I stayed up on Friday night and got hooked into the Dracula movies. I think I turned the TV off at 3am. I haven't watched Christopher Lee as Dracula in a long time. It made me remember why I loved the Hammer movies so much as a kid. I love the little tid bits of info TCM gives on the movie. I didn't realize Christopher Lee refused to speak like Bella Lugosi in the movies and said he wouldn't speak at all if that was on the menu.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
10-04-2010, 05:10 AM
Quatermass and the Pit aka Five Million Years to Earth*

Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. I caught it on tv as a child and it scared me silly. I have never forgotten it and watch it whenever I can catch it. I think it holds up pretty well.

BenPanced
10-04-2010, 06:12 AM
This was a pleasant surprise last night! Christopher Lee was the BESTEST Dracula. And I :heart: Peter Cushing as Van Helsing. I own many Hammer Horror DVDs, and I never tire of watching them.

Saw them playing Quatermass a few weeks ago. It was the first time I had seen it and I LOVED it.

It's my favorite Hammer film. It's so cheesy at points yet it has great acting and a plot that makes perfect sense.
You're in luck: Friday the 22nd at 9:30 PM EST/8:30 PM CST.