Not open for further replies.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Hello everyone.
I've got a book up on Lulu, a memoir for friends and family. I'm not making any revenue on it, and I;ve set the download option as free. Yet the free download button is not visible on visitors' pages. Only on my own member's pages, when I'm logged in, do I see a blue strip saying This is your product page" and the Download Free button.
What's wrong? I definitely have my settings set with the "free download" option ticked.
ANyone know what's going on?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I don't know what that particular issue is but on a side note, Lulu does not track the number of free downloads. So if you want to track this you might want to direct people to get it from your own website--then you can use Google analytics to track how many people actually download it (I can send you the necessary html).

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Thanks, Veinglory. I posted on that thread after my friend found he couldget the free download under my Author's Spotlight link. But only after I cnaged the book to Public Access, which I DO NOT want. So it's a bug that Lulu needs to fix.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Given their oeverall approach to ebooks (incuding the flat fee) I imagine they are losing a lot of ebooks to Smashwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.