View Full Version : Dance Party and Stage lighting effects?

10-01-2010, 06:48 AM
I'm having a mental blank. Does anyone know what that type of lighting is called that is often used at dance parties, the one that would give the average person a seizure? it flickers black and white, kind of.

I remember my sister was "Aunt Em" in a stage production of the Wizard of Oz and it was used in the hurricane scene, and I want to describe it in my WIP, but I've forgotten the effect name :(

Silver King
10-01-2010, 07:04 AM
You might be thinking of strobe lights.

10-01-2010, 08:32 AM

Strobe indeed. Ta very much.