Ellen's response to bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
You can see how hard she's taking this. You have no idea how hard I am.

I sent her an e-mail about a person who friended me on Face Book to thank me for protecting him from bullies when we were kids.

I despise the little bastards

HelloKiddo

bemused observer
Registered
Reaction score
I do wish people took bullying more seriously. Too many people view it as "normal kid stuff" that kids will "get over" when they grow up. In fact, it can be a very very serious problem, not one that should be ignored.

And Ellen only talks about teen deaths. But many people well out of their teens die from wounds that never healed over things they endured when they were younger.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I just shared the video on facebook. Good for her, and shame on the people who perpetuate the hateful thinking that leads to bullying.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
I do wish people took bullying more seriously. Too many people view it as "normal kid stuff" that kids will "get over" when they grow up. In fact, it can be a very very serious problem, not one that should be ignored.

My youngest brother was very badly bullied at school, to the extent that his hair fell out. He stopped eating, stopped talking and became completley withdrawn.

10 years later he's still suffering.

God help the little bastards if I or my older brother ever meet them.

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
I almost broke down watching that video, but it was awesome. I love Ellen.

I also hate bullying. I was bullied in school, never as bad as many of these kids, and I still have a LOT of problems because of it.

Rebekkamaria

Pixie with dust, beware
Registered
Reaction score
I have such a hard time understanding why this is still an issue. Why do people think that if someone is different from me it's awful? I wish we would stop being such idiots.

I want a world where you can be who you are.

She was so sincere it was heartwrenching.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
I just want to say that I love Ellen. Always have.

And I agree, I don't understand how this keeps happening. How people can be so close-minded and hateful. I constantly teach my young kids how important it is to accept people. That you should never make fun of or be mean to someone just because they are different. I talk about color, religion, sexual orientation, everything. It doesn't matter.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Go,Ellen!

It's awful that kids are treated this way and even when they are older,still suffering from this ish.

I dealt with bullies by administering bitch slaps and occasional right hooks. I recall an occasion where a bat was required. But I have to remember that not everyone handles bullying that way. I don't see the point in harassing someone because they are different. I have zero sympathy for people who can be that cruel.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. Bullying should never be tolerated anywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.