NO LONGER A FRAUD

Aldrey

Writer in the making
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am excited to say that I am becoming a writer the honest way. I am actually reading and studying what this thing called novel writing is all about instead of winging it. A couple of days ago, after finding out my novel sucked BIG time, I was ready to give up, but after being encouraged by all you wonderful AW members, I decided to stop being lazy and wanting the easier, softer way, that actually gets you nowhere, and get down to the business of educating myself. In addition to reading all of the books that have been suggested to me, I plan to do the following:

I am going to read and STUDY everything that Uncle Jim has offered us. Then I'm going to read and STUDY everything I can about writing suspense novels. Then I'm going to read 10 of the best suspense novels I can find. Then I'm going to take another stab at the book. This is most likely going to take 6 months to a year. I am in no hurry. I also plan to take some writing workshops and definitely brush up on punctuation and grammar! As you may have noticed, I'm comma-challenged.

I've already started reading Uncle Jim's thread and I'm excited. I already learned something---the difference between a novel and a romance!
user_online.gif
progress.gif

If you're bored and care to know more about my misadventure and melt down:snoopy:--check out my saga at the following link.

MY WRITING SUCKS. IT'S A WRAP. I GIVE UP. (
multipage.gif
1 2 3)

Last edited:

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Good for you. Uncle Jim is awesome, but a lot of work. Its well worth it

Aldrey

Writer in the making
Registered
Reaction score
Uncle Jim is funny--he's cracking me up. I'm sure you've probably heard this one:

Q: Why was the little drop of ink crying?
A. His daddy was in the pen and he didn't know how long the sentence was...

CRACKED ME UP.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Rebekkamaria

Pixie with dust, beware
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck from me as well. :) It's going to be hard, but it's going to be fun, too. It took me five years to get where I am now, and I'm still in the beginning. Next step is finishing my first draft.