PDA

View Full Version : Seeking beta: scifi novella

LBlankenship
09-30-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm looking for a beta for my science fiction novella (about 51k, may get a little bigger) once I finish a revision pass on it. I will be posting the first chapter in the science fiction SYW forum, if you'd like to see it first.

This story languished for a long time, and I only recently got what I think is the right ending onto it. What I'm mainly looking for in the beta is lapses in narrative voice (due to the five-year gap in the writing) and whether this ending works (it's feeling a little rushed, right now). However, anything the reader thinks I need to hear is welcome.

Its working title has been "Deliberate Breath" since day one. While I'm not entirely happy with that, it's had that name for, well, eight years now and I don't know if I could change it if I wanted to. I'm open to suggestions. Maybe something will click.

"Deliberate Breath" is rated R for language, a little nudity, and a dash of violence.

LBlankenship
10-03-2010, 03:38 AM
Okay, I've finished the revisions and it's now a bit more than 52,000 words. Creeping toward a full novel, I suppose.

If you're thinking I must have gotten some responses by now, I haven't. Yup, my ego flew around the room blowing raspberries as it deflated. :)

frolzagain
10-03-2010, 05:57 AM
It might help if you post a brief synopsis to give people an idea of what it's about. Peoples taste vary and some hesitate to commit to a whole project without knowing much about it. You might also want to scan the willing betas thread and messae a couple people who read your genre. That worked well for me. Good luck with your story :)