Snooki's writing a novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Posting just because:

“Jersey Shore” star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, despite admitting that she’s only only read two books (that’d be “Dear John” and “Twilight”), has just signed a book deal. Publisher’s Weekly reports that Polizzi’s novel — currently titled “A Shore Thing” (of course) — will be published in January 2011 with Simon & Schuster’s Gallery Press imprint. According to a press release, the book will revolve around “a girl looking for love on the boardwalk (one full of big hair, dark tans, and fights galore).

Maybe Snooki will surprise the world and emerge as the next Lauren Conrad, who two novels — written post-her reality star fame — reached the New York Times Best-Sellers list. Then again, maybe not.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010...log&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

You'd think it would be a guide to life, or an autobiography, or a manifesto of some sort. That's the only thing that surprises me.

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
What's good for the book industry is good for me.

*deep breath*

Ah, there we go. Now I believe it!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
One question: Is she supposed to be attractive, in some way?

Last edited:

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
lol! Okay, seriously. Shouldn't this give us hope that if that....

creature

can get published, the rest of us are a shoe-in?

That's the way it works, right? That HAS to be the way it works.
eusa_pray.gif

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

don't kid yourself. there is injustice on all planets. then again, maybe the snooki on a different planet wouldn't be so ugly.

Last edited:

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
What's a snooki?

don't google-image the word...unless you have a cast iron stomach. she causes the gag reflex to go into overdrive.

her face could stop a Mack truck!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone really believe that she will have anything to do with actually writing the book? She might give a couple of names and places or an idea of how the couple will meet at best, and some poor staff ghostwriter will write the book.

Snooki will get her name on the cover and photo on the backflap and go on the promo tour. And all the while she and the publisher will laugh their way to the bank.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Does anyone really believe that she will have anything to do with actually writing the book? She might give a couple of names and places or an idea of how the couple will meet at best, and some poor staff ghostwriter will write the book.

Snooki will get her name on the cover and photo on the backflap and go on the promo tour. And all the while she and the publisher will laugh their way to the bank.

of course. ghostwriting is becoming an even more lucrative thing now that illiterate people are getting their 16 minutes of fame.

yes...it was upgraded to 16 minutes. reality tv is to blame for this.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
Who?

And does this mean I need to get my head out of books and take notice of the real world for a change? :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
16 minutes. Well,gee that's just how long it will take for me to feed the cats and clean their boxes. I guess I'll have to miss her fame

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
Does anyone really believe that she will have anything to do with actually writing the book?
Having read some of the links in the OP and learnt a little about this delightful example of humanity (first link has a wonderful description: "FLAKE, cow, loser, slut, idiot, airhead, trash, penguin, creep, moron, midget, freak, Oompa-Loompa, nobody."), I'll be surprised if she even reads it.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Having read some of the links in the OP and learnt a little about this delightful example of humanity (first link has a wonderful description: "FLAKE, cow, loser, slut, idiot, airhead, trash, penguin, creep, moron, midget, freak, Oompa-Loompa, nobody."), I'll be surprised if she even reads it.

That is a PERFECT description for her. Though I'm a little sad for Roald Dahl.

wrtaway

to be determined later
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps instead of focusing on silly things like grammar, plot, and other such nonsense, this forum should be dedicated to tips on how to be such a drunken, public buffoon that you garner enough attention to land yourself a book deal.

Aaaaargh!

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I really shouldn't post what I really think about this. I came too close recently to being banninated and I'd like to stay unbanninated.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Honestly guys, it really doesn't matter. Celebrity books don't take shelf space away from "real" books. They aren't in the same category. What celebrity books are is the closest thing a publisher has to a guaranteed bestseller (though not always). This means that the publisher will make tons of money off of something that doesn't take much effort and hopefully with the earned cash this will give publishers a chance to take risks on books that might be a trickier sell. Think of these books as a part time job, making money for publishers and allowing them to do what they really want to, and that's publish "real" books.

And, yes, it's kind of funny that she doesn't read, and she clearly won't be writing the thing. And it does annoy me that worthless people get to make so much money and people like teachers, social workers, nurses, etc don't. But still. Don't worry about the actual publication. It doesn't affect our work.

Our souls maybe, but not our work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.