Kids Can Press - waiting for a response

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
Have any of you dealt with Kids Can Press in Toronto? I submitted some work May 2nd and rec'd notification that they would respond within 2 - 3 months. I contacted them in August after the 3 month period and they told me that they were catching up on April submissions but they were going to gather all of their editors together the following week to catch up fully on spring submissions and I should hear from them after that week. When I contacted them in September, they told me that they don't contact their writers--accepted or rejected--by telephone; only by mail. I haven't received anything from them.

I just thought I would ask if anyone has experience with them. A peer suggests I send my work to another publisher, but I really enjoy KCP and would prefer my work be published, for many reasons, through them.

kim

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
Peers have told me that I shouldn't do that b/c I could burn bridges and offend publishers that way. :/

kim

Inspired

Registered
Reaction score
Kim, you do live in Canada, correct? I haven't seen anything about them for about a year. I think that most publishers run well over their state deadlines. Give them more time. You don't want to bug them too much.

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed; I don't want to bug them. Fortunately--if it really is fortunate--when I called, I never got past the receptionist and never had to say my name so they don't know it was me who was bugging them. :)

kim

peer54

i rite gud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to KCP in May of 2004. I received confirmation that they had my submission and then never heard back from them again. I waited over a year before finally submitting my work to another publisher this past summer.