• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Screenwriting help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have recently started (or have attempted anyway) to write a screenplay based on my novel. I've only written an opening scene and I am fairly certain I've done it incorrectly. I'm hoping to find someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I'm doing right before I spend a giant chunk of time on this.

I'm using Celtx and have the opening scene saved as a .pdf. If anyone is interested in throwing me a few pointers, please PM me. I would really appreciate the help.

Happy Wednesday,
km

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Have you considered posting your opening scene in the screenwriting SYW? There are instructions on how to post a page from CeltX in the subforum so you'll preserve your formatting.

There's not always a lot of traffic, but if you post it there, I'll take a look sometime this evening. :)

Out of curiosity, what is it that you think you've gotten wrong? I'm assuming it's not the format, as CeltX handles that pretty well for you. Are you concerned about the dialogue to exposition ratio?

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what is it that you think you've gotten wrong? I'm assuming it's not the format, as CeltX handles that pretty well for you. Are you concerned about the dialogue to exposition ratio?

Yep.

I've been reading scripts and the amount of description seems to vary quite a bit. I'm also not sure that I'm writing my action properly. I'm trying to be sparse and not overwrite, but I think I might be picking the wrong details to pepper with. I'll try to figure out how to post in SYW.

Thanks

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finally figured out how to post in SYW without losing my formatting. Much thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.