PDA

View Full Version : 3-D Star Wars

K. Taylor
09-29-2010, 10:37 PM
After years of rumors, Lucasfilm is finally hopping on the 3-D bandwagon and has announced plans to rerelease the original Star Wars trilogy and its prequels in the eye-popping format once a year beginning in 2012.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/#ixzz10we4wTUp

Cyia
09-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Well, now we know what the Mayans really saw coming 2012...

maxmordon
09-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Star Wars: The Search For More Money.

LOG
09-30-2010, 12:34 AM

WTH would Lucas need more money?

maxmordon
09-30-2010, 12:53 AM

I don't know, Indiana Jones V? For the Tintin trilogy? For putting all his loose change in a giant vault and swim in it ala McScrooge?

Shadow_Ferret
09-30-2010, 01:06 AM
How can they do that? I guess I don't understand how the process works, but to me it seems like trying to take an old mono recording from the 20s and trying to make it surround sound. Can such a thing be done? And wouldn't the quality of the original impact on the final product?

Didn't he have to declare bankruptcy or was close to it several years ago?

regdog
09-30-2010, 02:59 PM
First, as a uber Star Wars geek, I can' wait.

Lucas has already pledged half his fortune to The Giving Pledge (http://buzz.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/08/04/george-lucas-pledges-give-fortune/)

Inky
09-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Reg?
I've got your geek-ness beat! When I was a kid, I'd tape my Chinese checkers board to my bookcase...and use it as a galaxy map...for us rebels plotting the demise of the Empire! The marbles represented outposts.
;D

regdog
09-30-2010, 11:35 PM
I dunno Inkers, I think we might be tied on this one. I used to take cardboard boxes and
make the control panel from the Enterprise until I saw Star Wars, then I made the Mellenium Falcon

Inky
10-01-2010, 12:02 AM
The other day, my daughters stopped and stared at me because we were watching Extreme Makeover and they did one kid's room in the Star Wars theme. To get supplies, they went directly to Lucas studios. I was like: OMG, it's the Millenium Falcon...look, there's Lando Calrissian, he won Cloud City in a card game...hey, that's Boba Fett's helm...

They made me swear NEVER to take them to a convention.
I told 'em they smelled like Ferengi breath and stomped from the room!

robeiae
10-01-2010, 12:03 AM
You're both very special geeks to me. Really.

Anyway, the only bit I can think of that might be worthwhile for 3D is the chase through the asteroid field in ESB...which happens to be one of my favorite bits. Beyond that, meh. I just want them all in BluRay.

BenPanced
10-01-2010, 12:17 AM
You're both very special geeks to me. Really.

Anyway, the only bit I can think of that might be worthwhile for 3D is the chase through the asteroid field in ESB...which happens to be one of my favorite bits. Beyond that, meh. I just want all of the original, unedited, not "special editions" in BluRay.
There. Fixed it for ya.

regdog
10-02-2010, 03:08 PM
The other day, my daughters stopped and stared at me because we were watching Extreme Makeover and they did one kid's room in the Star Wars theme. To get supplies, they went directly to Lucas studios. I was like: OMG, it's the Millenium Falcon...look, there's Lando Calrissian, he won Cloud City in a card game...hey, that's Boba Fett's helm...

Not only will we drag them to a convention some day, we'll all go in costume. And if they protest, we're dressing them as Ewoks. :D

Inky
10-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Not only will we drag them to a convention some day, we'll all go in costume. And if they protest, we're dressing them as Ewoks. :D
:ROFL:

I'm still trying to convince them to go in costume as Alien vs Preditor. Found a website that has FANTASTIC Preditor costumes!!
I just want one Halloween where I scare the bejeezus out of little kids.

It's the little things, ye' know?

One year, I had fake coffins all over the lawn & paid my son's teenage friends to jump out of 'em when groups of kids would hustle by.
THAT was priceless!!! A lawn full of zombies.
Problem: Zombies snack too much. On the upside, one of 'em puked after eating too much pizza and Doritos...a real boon when terrifying the shit out of kids. THAT couldn't have paid off more. Even the adults screamed. Bugger chased after kids and started puking.
Kodak moment!

what?

regdog
10-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Ohh, dressing them up as AVP, excellent. I guess this means you're going to be the Queen Alien

Calla Lily
10-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Well, now we know what the Mayans really saw coming 2012...

:roll:

Inky
10-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Ohh, dressing them up as AVP, excellent. I guess this means you're going to be the Queen Alien
Nope. I'll be the thing that adheres to your face.

what?

thothguard51
10-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Since the original was not shot in 3D, Lucas will user the cheaper method which really is cheesy, and not nearly as expensive as filming in 3D...

I loved Star Wars as much as the next guy or gal, but really, can't Lucas come up with something new?

dclary
10-03-2010, 09:16 AM
For putting all his loose change in a giant vault and swim in it ala McScrooge?

Epic FTW!

regdog
10-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Nope. I'll be the thing that adheres to your face.

what?

Not saying a word

**founce**

Inky
10-04-2010, 03:45 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9gn6KLa5xtY/SgKQflLzhkI/AAAAAAAAEQo/WqvpwvfiXgc/s400/StarWarsMeetLookSkywalker.jpg

regdog
10-04-2010, 04:59 PM
:roll:

Starhorsepax
10-10-2010, 10:56 PM

:) Isn't the internet great? When others try and make us feel like our fandom is INSANE we can go to the internet and find the fellow crazies. I love conventions. Haven't been in ages. If it's Star Wars I'll give it a whirl. And if you think it's bad, find a bootleg of the Holiday Special. It will reset your standards. I'm quite certain he has learned from that disasterous mistake.
And the people who think you're crazy go crazy for the latest hot pop star or sports team....:roll:

Schu
10-10-2010, 11:22 PM
And if you think it's bad, find a bootleg of the Holiday Special. It will reset your standards.

Recommending people watch the Holiday Special under ANY circumstances is great way to lose friends and create enemies.

WCP
10-13-2010, 07:50 PM
This is so lame, since the special edition of Star Wars, it's all been downhill.

How many times can he repackage and resell the same thing back to us?

It's only because the original trilogy was his pinnacle. He can't do anything new that's worth anything, he has to go back and keep retooling the old stuff.

Zoombie
10-13-2010, 11:47 PM
I loved Star Wars as much as the next guy or gal, but really, can't Lucas come up with something new?

What? you mean like this?

http://www.richlovatt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Jar-Jar-Binks-Poster-Card-C10227315.jpeg

Mr. Anonymous
10-14-2010, 07:42 AM
I'd rather have a new star wars film.