Cute Things Kids Do

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to share cute/sweet/crazy things our kids do. Things that make us laugh, make us cringe, or maybe both. :D

I'll start with a conversation I had with my three year old son last night while I was giving him his bath.

Him "Boobies, boobies, boobies"

Me "You know, you have become quite obsessed with boobs lately" (Not sure where it started, but he says the word or points them out a couple times a day, at least)

Him "Uh-huh"

Me "So you like boobs?"

Him "Boobies are my favorite!"

Yep, definitely his father's son. :D

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
LOL Too funny. I have one.

I have a 6 yr-old stepdaughter. She does not EVER remember to close the bathroom door, wipe when she's done, or wash her hands.

One evening, my in-laws were over for dinner, as well as a friend of ours. The Little One runs into the bathroom, and all of the sudden, we hear,

"Ahhhh...."

My husband: "Little One, close the door!"

Little One: *grunts...obviously going for a #2* "I can't right now! I'm trying to poop! But it's okay. I don't have diarrhea!"

Husband *Head in hand* "Okay, just please make sure you wipe."

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to share cute/sweet/crazy things our kids do. Things that make us laugh, make us cringe, or maybe both. :D

I'll start with a conversation I had with my three year old son last night while I was giving him his bath.

Him "Boobies, boobies, boobies"

Me "You know, you have become quite obsessed with boobs lately" (Not sure where it started, but he says the word or points them out a couple times a day, at least)

Him "Uh-huh"

Me "So you like boobs?"

Him "Boobies are my favorite!"

Yep, definitely his father's son. :D

Your story reminds me of a story my mother-in-law told me. She was took my husband - I think he was about 5 - to the mall. He stared at this woman with big breasts, pointed, and in a very loud voice said, "She has HUGE boobs!"

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My step daughter was eight or nine, and we were Christmas shopping at a mall in Memphis. We entered a store selling "artwork," you know, framed versions of the Footprints poem, velvet Elvises, tiger-striped fleece blankets, etc. We came to one of the Last Supper where Jesus and all the Apostles were black.

She gasped and pointed. "That's not right!"

I breathed deeply and readied myself for the history-versus-artistic-depictions talk.

"Trisha, Jesus wasn't European. He was from the Middle East."

"No, not that," she waved me off. "That's not how DaVinci drew it!"

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Now that sounds like something I'd say now, Red. LOL

I don't have kids, but their humour is priceless.

My husband too.

Actually, it is something he says to me quite often. Only, of course, it's directed only at mine, not boobs in general. :D

Naturally.

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
My son has hyper hour, he is four and runs like a mad child from 4:30 - 5:30. When we tell him to slow down he giggles and says later mommie at story time.

Story time is right before bed and he is so good it like a total different kid. Not only does he love story time so do two of our cats. Every night both black cats lay in the room with him. One on the bed and one on rocking chair. When I'm done with the story the one on the bed (vocal kitty) meows and my son says, "Xander wants another story too mommie."

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
My boyfriend went to my house last weekend.

When he walked in, my four-year-old sister had just gotten out of the bathtub and was still naked. When she saw Ryan, she screamed, ran into her bedroom, and said, "DAD! RYAN'S HERE! I NEED CLOTHES NOW!"

So when my dad brought her a pair of panties and pants she threw her hands on her hips and said, "What? No SHIRT?!"

I had to LOL at that one.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My niece is a hoot. When the family goes down for her birthday, my Dad bring some of the local microbrews for my brother-in-law.

It was my niece's third birthday and my Dad is placing the beer next to the fridge. My niece goes running around the corner, sees the beer, comes to a dead stop and yells "We got beer." as if she hadn't had a beer in ages. It was hysterical.

Last edited:

Satori1977

Registered
Reaction score
Your story reminds me of a story my mother-in-law told me. She was took my husband - I think he was about 5 - to the mall. He stared at this woman with big breasts, pointed, and in a very loud voice said, "She has HUGE boobs!"

LOL, I don't know how it got started, but I am sure my husband has something to do with it. I know it wasn't me, since I barely have boobs. But when he sees a woman with a large rack, he certainly notices!

Satori1977

Registered
Reaction score
My boyfriend went to my house last weekend.

When he walked in, my four-year-old sister had just gotten out of the bathtub and was still naked. When she saw Ryan, she screamed, ran into her bedroom, and said, "DAD! RYAN'S HERE! I NEED CLOTHES NOW!"

So when my dad brought her a pair of panties and pants she threw her hands on her hips and said, "What? No SHIRT?!"

I had to LOL at that one.

My daughter, who is 7, is really not embarrassed by nudity. We are trying to get her to be more mindful about it. She thinks it is funny to shake her bare butt and me. She tried doing it to her father, but he got angry. He really wants her to be more modest in front of him.

My son though, is so modest. If I am changing him, he has to cover himself. "You can't see my pee-pee." :tongue

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
My daughter, who is 7, is really not embarrassed by nudity. We are trying to get her to be more mindful about it. She thinks it is funny to shake her bare butt and me. She tried doing it to her father, but he got angry. He really wants her to be more modest in front of him.

My son though, is so modest. If I am changing him, he has to cover himself. "You can't see my pee-pee." :tongue

Haha. The Little One is very modest in front of her daddy now that I'm there to do bath time, but she's not in front of me at all.

The other day, she dragged her clothes downstairs after her bath. She was butt naked and dripping wet and walking in front of me. All the way downstairs, she wiggled her booty, giggling the whole time. She got to the bottom and turned to me, covered herself, then flung her clothes aside and stuck her little naked belly out at me before laughing and running to the living room to get dressed.

Satori1977

Registered
Reaction score
Haha. The Little One is very modest in front of her daddy now that I'm there to do bath time, but she's not in front of me at all.

The other day, she dragged her clothes downstairs after her bath. She was butt naked and dripping wet and walking in front of me. All the way downstairs, she wiggled her booty, giggling the whole time. She got to the bottom and turned to me, covered herself, then flung her clothes aside and stuck her little naked belly out at me before laughing and running to the living room to get dressed.

So glad it isn't just my girl! As long as she isn't shaking her butt like that when she is a teenager, I am fine with it. LOL

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
My son was playing with a piece of bull kelp the other day, pretending it was his Indiana Jones whip, and despite my repeated warnings (shocker, right?) he cracked it so hard it flew back and smacked him on the back of the head behind his ear. Left a big ole welt.

Then it suddenly wasn't very much fun anymore.

(Though watching it was pretty funny :D does that make me a bad mom?)

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
This is cute, not funny.

Every time I pick up my stepdaughter from school, she waves, smiles, and runs and leaps into my arms. Wraps her legs around my waist and everything.

I am 5'1.

She is at least 4'1.

Good thing she's skinny. Not that I'm complaining. I love that she's so excited to see me every day!

Satori1977

Registered
Reaction score
My son was playing with a piece of bull kelp the other day, pretending it was his Indiana Jones whip, and despite my repeated warnings (shocker, right?) he cracked it so hard it flew back and smacked him on the back of the head behind his ear. Left a big ole welt.

Then it suddenly wasn't very much fun anymore.

(Though watching it was pretty funny :D does that make me a bad mom?)

Both of mine constantly do that, I tell them over and over to stop whatever they are doing....and yep, five minutes later, one or both get hurt. Sometimes it is a little funny though, when they aren't really hurt.

Satori1977

Registered
Reaction score
This is cute, not funny.

Every time I pick up my stepdaughter from school, she waves, smiles, and runs and leaps into my arms. Wraps her legs around my waist and everything.

I am 5'1.

She is at least 4'1.

Good thing she's skinny. Not that I'm complaining. I love that she's so excited to see me every day!

My daughter does that too. It is sweet, but I am little too (also 5'1) and it hurts my back and sometimes my knee!

My son has a thing where he tackles me when I ask for a hug at bedtime. And he is strong for a three year old. I have learned to no kneel down on his level anymore.