Writing Related but OP Worthy...

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I just want to grumble. I hate it when people are incredibly unsupportive until they see a modicum of success. Makes. Me. Want. To. Pull. My. Hair. Out.

Letting off steam.

That is all.

shyne

At your service
Registered
Reaction score
Don't tug on your mane. You've got such great hair

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
As your #2 fan, (certainly your wife is your #1 fan), I agree with you. they should have known you are teh awesum a long time ago! :)

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They suck!

Boo on them, I say.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
As your #2 fan, (certainly your wife is your #1 fan), I agree with you. they should have known you are teh awesum a long time ago! :)

lol. That's not quite what I'm saying. I'm not saying 'I'm awesome, so screw you'...I'm kind of saying 'why bother fucking saying anything now when it was year after year of negativity. I don't need your fucking false shit. stand the fuck off!' kind of sort of that kind of thing. (you probably know what i mean, trish...but not worth getting all shitty about it...just going to let it drop.)

Kevin, who is nowhere near teh awesum but doesn't want anybody who thought all along that he wasn't to suddenly say he is.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
And...thanks, Trish. You made me smile. You're teh awesum.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Sigh* I wish I had sychophants.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought you were teh awsum. I hope the stalking isn't becoming overwhelming. If it is, I can move in with you so it doesn't seem so weird.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
lol. That's not quite what I'm saying. I'm not saying 'I'm awesome, so screw you'...I'm kind of saying 'why bother fucking saying anything now when it was year after year of negativity. I don't need your fucking false shit. stand the fuck off!' kind of sort of that kind of thing. (you probably know what i mean, trish...but not worth getting all shitty about it...just going to let it drop.)

Kevin, who is nowhere near teh awesum but doesn't want anybody who thought all along that he wasn't to suddenly say he is.

up you're's, kevin.
you suck.

luv,

cray

:D

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
I just want to grumble. I hate it when people are incredibly unsupportive until they see a modicum of success. Makes. Me. Want. To. Pull. My. Hair. Out.

Letting off steam.

That is all.

My mom always hinted that I should go find a 'real job' for years. She thought my freelance work wouldn't be good enough. I wouldn't call for months, and then when I did, she'd say, "So what are you doing now?" Like she expected me to be doing something different.

When I told her I was still writing, she found it amusing. She always giggled and said, "Oh you're still doing that?

Today... she's asking me to maybe help her find some freelance work.

Aw well. Could be worse. ;)

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Imho, these folks are usually the ones who need a brand name to tell them that something is fashionable, a price tag to see that something might be exquisite, and thy absolutely will never find a forgotten Picasso at someone's garage sale.

You do kind of look like a Picasso :D

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
You do kind of look like a Picasso :D

lol. that's the nicest thing i've ever heard. i mean...the nicest thing anybody could say to anybody else. imagine someone saying, "you kind of look like a picasso!" is it my fuckedupness that thinks that blows any other compliment you could think of out of the water? I'm keeping that one to make somebody's day! Nice!

i was clearly having a bad morning, today. that's another thing...only screwed up people can have a bad day on such a good day. i should actually just beat myself over the head with a d'haese or a rodin and get it over with.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you :) I liked it, too. Don't get me started or I'll tell you which one!

Besides, you probably just have 3 noses ;)

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Kevin,

I know I've never given two shits about your writing and that I've made a hobby of finding passive-aggressive ways insult you, but now that you've crawled your way out of the slushpile I'm happy to inform you that you're my new best friend.

This is going to be so fun! We'll watch Buffy together and braid each others hair and at lunch we'll make fun of the kid with the asthma inhaler and make him start wheezing again. I'll even let you borrow my boots (but not my new ones because they fit just right and your bunions might stretch them out).

Of course, our friendship will have to be contingent upon your continuing success. I mean, I like you and all, but a girl has to keep her options open. You know how it is.

Superficially yours,
Buttmunch

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Dear Kevin,

I know I've never given two shits about your writing and that I've made a hobby of finding passive-aggressive ways insult you, but now that you've crawled your way out of the slushpile I'm happy to inform you that you're my new best friend.

This is going to be so fun! We'll watch Buffy together and braid each others hair and at lunch we'll make fun of the kid with the asthma inhaler and make him start wheezing again. I'll even let you borrow my boots (but not my new ones because they fit just right and your bunions might stretch them out).

Of course, our friendship will have to be contingent upon your continuing success. I mean, I like you and all, but a girl has to keep her options open. You know how it is.

Superficially yours,
Buttmunch

Awesomener! I am putting Buffy in my backpack now. I should be there soon! This should be so exciting. does this mean that all the other people here at AW who constantly insult me under the guise of "joking around" are now my new friends too!!! YAY, ME!

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, Kevster. This is so not the same as that. Those "other people" you speak of, well, they're all just jealous because they want to be my best friends too. But they just don't get it. I can't be seen with just with anyone, especially when they don't know how to accessorize. And the fat, ugly friend thing is so yesterday that you-know-who might as well just harpoon herself now.

Stick with me. We're going places.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
OMG, Kevster. This is so not the same as that. Those "other people" you speak of, well, they're all just jealous because they want to be my best friends too. But they just don't get it. I can't be seen with just with anyone, especially when they don't know how to accessorize. And the fat, ugly friend thing is so yesterday that you-know-who might as well just harpoon herself now.

Stick with me. We're going places.

awesome. i think that means you're not going to kill me. popcorn?

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hold the buttery, and only eat from your half. (Your half is the bottom, just in case you didn't already know that.)

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
i get the pits. i get the kernels. i get the rocks. live is snafu.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... even if one obtains a modicum or even a great deal of success it still isn't a given that people will be supportive. So consider yourself lucky. There are many who never get any no matter how much they accomplish in life. Look at our political leaders. They run our countries and yet many and at times the majority of society aren't supportive of them or their policies and don't even have any respect for them. And here they are running everything and in some ways have obtained the most success possible.