You would think this would be easier.

BrooklynLee

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
I have an agent who is currently subbing my first novel. It's been on sub since January, with some interest but nothing concrete yet.

In the meantime I've done what everybody says to do, which is write another novel. Over the past few weeks I've had my favorite readers read and critique the book, and after leaving it alone for a bit, I came back with their thoughts in mind and have made a few small changes. It's done.

The agent knows about the new book, and is excited about the subject.

But I'm a nervous wreck. I need to send it to her, but I can't believe how jittery I am about it. In some ways it's almost worse than when she was reading my first one after requesting the full -- then it just seemed like a possibility that she might like it. Now, with this one, it seems absolutely vital that she does.

But what if she hates it?

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
If she hates it, she hates it, and you start working on book 3. But that seems unlikely. :) Especially since you said she's excited about the subject matter.

I freaked out when I sent my agent a new project to consider. It's like going out a second time after an awesome first date, and wondering if the first was just a fluke and date number two will be a disaster.

Take a deep breath and just hit send.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Send, and be grateful she wants to see it! :) Some of our agents don't care about book 2 until book 1 sells...