Publishers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking of sending another few queries out while I'm waiting for the last 5 to come back...but I'm also contemplating querying publishers instead of just agents.

What are some good resources for finding publishers? I've been using sites like agentquery.com and writersmarket.com plus 2005 Guide to Literary Agents but I can't find similiar resources for publishers...where's a good place to start? It seems like everything I find is for ebooks which I'm not really interested in.

Thanks in advance!!

Torin

Wandering vaguely
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cebarrett.com
kristie911 said:
I'm thinking of sending another few queries out while I'm waiting for the last 5 to come back...but I'm also contemplating querying publishers instead of just agents.

What are some good resources for finding publishers? I've been using sites like agentquery.com and writersmarket.com plus 2005 Guide to Literary Agents but I can't find similiar resources for publishers...where's a good place to start? It seems like everything I find is for ebooks which I'm not really interested in.

Thanks in advance!!

Writersmarket.com is great. When you go to the search markets page, click on book publisher instead of agent, and then choose the criteria you want (probably including "accept unagented submissions") and go from there. Good luck. :)

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Funny you should mention this, kristie! This is one of the goals of my term as moderator. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to begin to post a thread of romance publishers with links to their guidelines. A lot of romance writers don't realize the wide variety of publishers who have romance imprints, so I thought it would be a nice thing. But I'm still researching, so it will still be a little while yet. My goal is to have it up by the second week of October! :D

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Cathy C said:
But I'm still researching, so it will still be a little while yet. My goal is to have it up by the second week of October! :D

I've got nothing but time...my manuscript isn't going anywhere! I'll be waiting patiently. Thanks Cathy!

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
That'll be awesome, Cathy. It'll help a lot of us out (not to mention give us a wider range than we would have first thought)

Status
Not open for further replies.