For Halloween

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I recently found a knight costume in a second-hand shop. For Halloween, he suggested that I dress as his porter and bang some coconut shells together behind him while we "ride" through various neighborhoods.

I laughed at the idea and would do it if not for being such a stiff, the risk of my son disowning me, and/or taken in by local authorities for a psychological eval.

What are your plans, if any, for Halloween?

Gehanna

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
None this year, but I love the whole harvest season. It's a wonderful time of year :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is the first year in the last 20 that I'm not making a Halloween costume for either of our kids.

What's cool is that I've made so many since they reached adult size that they're able to put together pieces of previous costumes to create new ones. I've never made a pirate costume, for instance, but The Kid thinks that's what she'll do.

On a sad note, though, once again I have no takers on the magnificent lobster costume I made several years ago.

Maryn, sighing

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
The Cajun used to work for a Haunted House. He did a few different characters, but his main was the Scream killer.

Two confirmed urinations on his watch. ;) Scared 'em so bad they peed their pants.

I keep thinking he'd make an excellent Joker, because he has the grin, but everyone does that one.

For myself... it's been years. :) I don't think I'll dress up this year, unless there's a change in plans at some point.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I have already set a pumpkin out and it looks like there will be a medieval lean this year. Two things I wish would happen:
  1. The return of celebrating Halloween as when I was a child. This is minus the psychopathic morons with razor blades and other assorted evil schemes.
  2. The loss of sleazy costumes for women. If I wanted to be sleazy, I would save myself the expense of the costume by sticking a pair of panties on my head and yelling, "Look at me!"
Gehanna

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
LOL!! I love Monty Python. It is one of the few things that keeps me from being a complete stiff.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
We're having our annual Halloween party. It's a helluva thing. Seriously. My wife goes all out. This year, we're building a haunted house in the back yard, will have a vampire on stilts, and a fortune teller. Plus refreshments.

Anyone nearby is welcome to attend.

My costume this year will be....

Malcolm Reynolds!

I have the jacket, shirt, and pants. Just need the boots and suspenders.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Malcolm Reynolds. Character from Firefly? I had thought to begin watching that on Hulu.

I am glad to know you will be celebrating Halloween in a big way, robeiae.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A friend and I are going to a wedding the day before. We're going to dress like a lady and a gentleman and have all of them fooled. (no, not crossdressing, although the bride would find it hilarious)

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
It's the first time in 4 years that I'm back home to enjoy the holiday... Unfortunately I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out the Oct. 28th so I won't be partaking in any of the goodies. :(

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
To defcon6000,

I am assuming that also means you will be with family. Perhaps you can kick back with them and watch some Halloween movies. I hope you don't feel too miserable.

Gehanna

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so envious of my dad- he always tells us stories of how when he was a kid he would only get king size bars. Last Halloween we drove around for hours until finding a semi-promising looking street. Even then...

And whoever made "Fun Size" Candy has obviously never been a kid. THERE IS NOTHING FUN ABOUT THEM.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're having our annual Halloween party. It's a helluva thing. Seriously. My wife goes all out. This year, we're building a haunted house in the back yard, will have a vampire on stilts, and a fortune teller. Plus refreshments.

Ooh, I wanna come to your party!

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score

Malcolm Reynolds!

I wanna come to your party too! But I don't think I'm nearby... :(

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I loved trick or treating as a kid. The weather tonight reminds me of it. The crispness in the air, and the faint smell of woodsmoke. *sigh* Those were the days :)

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com

Malcolm Reynolds!

Will you take photos?

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My partner is angling for an invite to go trick-or-treating with our friends' first grader. We have an assortment of cool lucha libre masks from Mexico (mexican wrestler) so she is going to pick one and I said I would make her a coordinating satin cape and pick up some matching tights and such. (She's gone as a different luchador before, but she wants to use a different mask this year...) Our little friend was a rainbow unicorn last year, but this year I have a strong suspicion she will be Tiana from Princess & The Frog. Her dad worked on the movie and brought in pictures of her as models for Little Tiana, and she looks just like her :D

I dunno what to wear--I liked this costume I saw in the Scott Pilgrim comic--just a plain black domino mask, white shirt, skinny black tie and black jacket. I don't know what that is a costume of, exactly, it's just generically costumey.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately we don't celebrate Halloween in Australia particularly at all. Lately there've been a few kids in costumes knocking on doors (ie. the last 2 or 3 years) but it's a very small number.

And they probably don't have as much fun as American kids, considering most people here don't stock candy for Halloween hand-outs. So the kids get very little after a long time of walking the streets.

I've been to a couple of Halloween parties (one of which I threw, and the other I insisted was thrown) but I can only remember one costume, and I'm not saying what it was. ;)

Though that reminds me! There's a guy who hangs out at my local shopping centre who always wears a Superman costume. Maybe for Halloween he'd dress up like a normal person?