• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta read for YA Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesleykj

AW Obsessed
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I am looking for beta readers to read my YA Fantasy.
It is 56k, and is ready to go out to readers.
I don't need line by line (unless you just want to), just someone to read it and tell me what works and what doesn't, what they like and don't like. Someone to be brutally honest.

Here is the summary to get the idea of what it's about:
After burying her father and being forced to move in and work for free for her estranged sister, seventeen-year-old Hana has had enough. Enough of being told what to do, of how to act, and of feeling utterly alone.

Hana seeks comfort in her mysterious neighbor Lennon, who understands more than anyone what it's like to feel lonely. When she awakens one night and witnesses him being bound and taken away she tries to intervene. But she too is kidnapped, and is forced to Osay – a realm where tyranny runs rampant and peace is nothing but a dream.

Now she must trust in Lennon and his abilities to escape prison and make it back home, before she is sentenced to slavery – or worse – death.

Please message me if you're interested. I will be willing to do a trade off (as long as it's YA, I don't have much experience in any other genre), just let me know. Thanks!

Tsiamon

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, it sounds interesting. I've just finished another draft of my YA fantasy and I'm looking for somebody who would be willing to swap with me. like you, I'm looking for feedback about what works and doesn't, what's good and what isn't. My biggest goal, I know, is to make my first chapter or two as compelling as the rest of the story.

I give honest feedback and I expect it from my beta readers, but I don't see a point in being senselessly cruel.

So, interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.