PDA

View Full Version : Looking for beta readers for my YA romance :)

jennifer williams
09-23-2010, 06:11 AM
I finished my YA historical romance novel (light on the history, heavy on the romance) WISTFUL a few week back and had an agent request to see it from a contest. I've gone through it twice and just wanted to see if someone could help me read over it for plot holes or anything like that :) It's currently 72K.

I've added the blurb for WISTFUL below. Thanks in advance!

Bound in a loveless marriage to a seventy year old man at the age of fifteen is Julie Haynsworth’s fate if she abides to her parents’ wishes and stays married to Viscount Vaugh to settle their numerous debts.

Driven by desperation and clad in a stable boy’s clothing, Julie escapes in the middle of the night with nothing but the desire to live her own life. She finds shelter with a poor yet kind family as Avery Haynes, a homeless lost ‘boy’. Even though she knows she is far from safe, she can’t help but lower her guard around the trusting family; enough to fall in love with Hayden Bennett, the only son in the family, who sees her as the “brother he never had”. Despite her unrequited love and the fact that he is about to pledge his life to another, she finds life at the Bennett house happier than she ever thought possible.

But her peaceful life doesn’t last for long. Marcus Edmund Atherton, the Marquess of Wickham’s handsome son, appears in their lives. From the start, his taunting smirk make Julie worry that he may know more about her than he lets on. But just when she convinces herself that he doesn’t know anything after all, she gets a surprise visit from the last people she ever wanted to see—her parents.