PDA

View Full Version : Beta reader needed for thriller - Blue Eyed Boys

mirandashell
09-23-2010, 01:41 AM
Hello,

I need a beta reader for my thriller - Blue Eyed Boys. It's about 40k at the moment and is on its third edit.

The MC is a private detective that has to find a Big Bad and stop him.

It's set in my home town of Birmingham, England. It has some bad language, some violence but no sex.

The language is very English but I'm hoping that won't put off anyone who isn't. I will explain any cultural references.

Although the subject is dark, the story is laced with humour (I think!) I'm aiming at the Janet Evanovich market. But more like the early ones where the plot took precedence rather than Plum's love life.....

I'm not looking for grammar crits as I think that's sorted. I would like crits on the characters, whether the plot makes sense, and whether the ending works.

I'm willing to send it a chapter at a time, by email or PM.

I've put a couple of chapters on SYW if anyone wants a look. The latest chapter is from the middle though. If anyone wants, I will repost the first chapter.

And just one more thing... I really would like someone who like thrillers and know the genre. Not only as a writer but as a reader.

Thanks

whacko
09-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi Miranda,

I'll give it a go over the weekend if you want. Unless Tesco's cheap cabernet wins.:D

Regards

mirandashell
09-24-2010, 07:50 PM
That would be great, thanks!

I'll PM you.