Why I'm Hiding In The Bedroom

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
So a couple of months ago, my oldest daughter told me a story. She was staying here, at my house, and went to the kitchen in the middle of the night. While she was in there, she thought she saw someone walk down the hall. She went and looked--no one there. So she got her cookies and went back to her room. While she was opening the door, someone brushed against her--at shoulder level, so not a cat. She squealed, dropped the cookies (I found the remains on the floor the next morning surrounded by sugar-surfeited felines) and ran into the room.

When she told me this story, I laughed a little (okay, really hard) and told her that she was no longer allowed to (a) drink or (b) watch ghost shows with me anymore.

About half an hour ago, I was in the bedroom editing with the door open when out of the corner of my eye, I could have sworn I saw someone walk down the hall. I stopped instantly. No one is here but me and the cats. I left the bedroom and walked through the house. The doors are all locked, as are the windows, and the house is empty. So I decided I had fluff in my eyelashes or something and went back to work. Not even two minutes later, the cat next to me on the bed started to growl. I looked up and distinctly saw a figure--about six foot, maybe six foot two, move out of the darkened living room, across the hall and into my daughter's (currently unoccupied) bedroom.

I'm now sitting in my bedroom with the door closed, six cats huddled around me on the bed, and the rosary sitting out in front of the computer.

I guess I owe my daughter an apology. Unless she psychically slipped tequila into my glass of milk from 300 miles away, I'm drinking she may not have been drunk at all.

Gee whillikers.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So now would be a good time for you to beta my newest ghost story?

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Probably. It wouldn't be so bad if the cat would stop growling at the door. Reminds me of that old Far Side cartoon with the two dogs sitting in front of a door and one says to the other, "If you really want to get them, growl at the closet."

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
The front part of our house is pretty old for australia, built in the 1860's.

My mum has seen something in our front hall, (What's with ghosts and halls?!)

and my dad (who is so totally not one of those kind of people) says he saw something in their bedroom.

The other room at the front of the house is a formal lounge room, which is usually where guests sleep. A lot of them have said they don't like sleeping in there alone, and I absolutely HATE going in there at night. It feels incredibly unwelcoming, not malevolent, but definitely unwelcoming.

So, yeah. Maybe you did see something. It doesn't follow that it's evil, though!

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Never claimed it was evil. Just that my cats don't like it.

Personally, I think having a personal ghost would be a kick...but then again, I might have to reconsider that. After a few BAD experiences with the Bell Witch haunting in my youth, I should probably rethink that flippant remark.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
funny-pictures-a-ghost-cat-is-haunting-your-curtains.jpg

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is a scary story.

Now I won't be able to sleep.

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
in my own little corner, in my own little chair
***rickin-frickin-rickin-rackin**

ME NEITHER. DANG IT. And I just read a couple of paragraphs about the Bell Witch haunting. Gonna have nightmares. Is your house older? Does it have a history? If not, call the police. Cripes!! Maybe it's the same guy that pulled my covers off me one night about two months ago. Twice slowly, then they were yanked down. My husband hadn't moved a muscle, and I was awake after the second time.

Steam&Ink

sekrit superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Bottom-right hand side of the map. Tucked away dow
Website
steamandink.blogspot.com
Maybe it's the same guy that pulled my covers off me one night about two months ago. Twice slowly, then they were yanked down. My husband hadn't moved a muscle, and I was awake after the second time.

Waaah!! What happened? A strange man was in your bedroom, pulling the covers off you??! :scared:

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
in my own little corner, in my own little chair
Waaah!! What happened? A strange man was in your bedroom, pulling the covers off you??! :scared:

No--there was no one there, except my husband and myself, and he was sleeping quietly beside me. They were pulled down slowly two times, I pulled them back up, then lay there with my eyes open, pissed at my husband thinking he had pulled them down. He was turned away from me. Suddenly, the covers were yanked down below my knees. I just about pissed myself. Tim hadn't moved a muscle. I pulled them up, snuggled in, and started praying. Seriously.

Where's mscelina? She's been quiet for too long...I hope she's sleeping.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still up. I should be sleeping.

Dammit, Celina. This is your fault!