Music to wash dishes by

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
They were really piled up. It took one and a half Black Sabbath albums to finish the job. Couldn't have done it without the musical energy. Mozart just wouldn't have worked for me today.

So what's your favorite accompaniment to sloshing suds and scrubbing?

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A far cry from Black Sabbath, but Jens Leckman always cheers me up, even when I'm doing housework.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Strangely enough, Tom Waits' Rain Dogs turns out to be very good dishwashing music for me. But I need more dishes.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
My 'dancefloor" playlist on my iPod, with the volume turned to maximum so I can hear it through my tinny little speakers sitting on the dresser shelf. :) It's mostly mainstream, Top 40 dance tracks. When I'm doing the ironing, I put on the music channels on the TV, and flick through them.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I listen to the radio, and usually a station that plays things I don't normally listen to. I don't want to make that sort of association with music I like.

Last thing I want is to be listening to a Black Sabbath song and think, "Hey, I remember cleaning the toilet to this!"

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Soundtrack from Shakespeare In Love. No idea why I listen to it while I wash the dishes.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I listen to the radio, and usually a station that plays things I don't normally listen to. I don't want to make that sort of association with music I like.

Last thing I want is to be listening to a Black Sabbath song and think, "Hey, I remember cleaning the toilet to this!"
Simon & Garfunkle's Bridge Over Troubled Water, while a great album, has that association for me. Every Saturday after American Bandstand was housecleaning time (no, we never stuck around for Soul Train). My mom would put an album on, and I always remember the sound and smell of the ol' Kirby vacuum cleaner whenever I hear The Boxer or Cecilia. Thanks, Mom!

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
My daughter swears by anything that's obnoxious enough to drive the other inhabitants of the house away. She's then left to do the dishes by her own little self.

Works for me. :D