PDA

View Full Version : Music to wash dishes by

Matera the Mad
09-20-2010, 05:44 AM
They were really piled up. It took one and a half Black Sabbath albums to finish the job. Couldn't have done it without the musical energy. Mozart just wouldn't have worked for me today.

So what's your favorite accompaniment to sloshing suds and scrubbing?

Cella
09-20-2010, 05:47 AM
A far cry from Black Sabbath, but Jens Leckman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPkK-CXswwg)always cheers me up, even when I'm doing housework.

poetinahat
09-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Strangely enough, Tom Waits' Rain Dogs turns out to be very good dishwashing music for me. But I need more dishes.

Wicked
09-20-2010, 05:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOiHPrwtHk&feature=more_related

:D

My choice of music is usually decided by my mood. There's a stack of CDs in the kitchen; everything from "Best of" 50's -80's, to Johnny Horton, to Nickleback, to Rob Zombie.

Lavern08
09-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Folsom Prison Blues

Williebee
09-20-2010, 06:23 PM
For any housecleaning, the Alternative 80's mix from Pandora is my go to.

KyraDune
09-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Bon Jovi

Sophia
09-20-2010, 07:47 PM
My 'dancefloor" playlist on my iPod, with the volume turned to maximum so I can hear it through my tinny little speakers sitting on the dresser shelf. :) It's mostly mainstream, Top 40 dance tracks. When I'm doing the ironing, I put on the music channels on the TV, and flick through them.

Shadow_Ferret
09-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I listen to the radio, and usually a station that plays things I don't normally listen to. I don't want to make that sort of association with music I like.

Last thing I want is to be listening to a Black Sabbath song and think, "Hey, I remember cleaning the toilet to this!"

Shakesbear
09-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Soundtrack from Shakespeare In Love. No idea why I listen to it while I wash the dishes.

BenPanced
09-20-2010, 09:11 PM
I listen to the radio, and usually a station that plays things I don't normally listen to. I don't want to make that sort of association with music I like.

Last thing I want is to be listening to a Black Sabbath song and think, "Hey, I remember cleaning the toilet to this!"
Simon & Garfunkle's Bridge Over Troubled Water, while a great album, has that association for me. Every Saturday after American Bandstand was housecleaning time (no, we never stuck around for Soul Train). My mom would put an album on, and I always remember the sound and smell of the ol' Kirby vacuum cleaner whenever I hear The Boxer or Cecilia. Thanks, Mom!

sanjuanangel
09-20-2010, 09:39 PM
B.B. King's Bluesville channel on Satellite radio.

JoeEkaitis
09-21-2010, 12:49 AM
I listen to Food Network or, on Friday nights, Ghost Adventures on Travel Channel while doing dishes.

Yeshanu
09-21-2010, 02:31 AM
My daughter swears by anything that's obnoxious enough to drive the other inhabitants of the house away. She's then left to do the dishes by her own little self.

Works for me. :D