PDA

View Full Version : REC 2

seun
09-19-2010, 03:40 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1245112/

One of the best horror sequels I have ever seen. Watch it and :censored your underwear.

zahra
09-19-2010, 10:33 PM
EEEEEEE! I'm so looking forward to this; it's in my Hallowe'en stocking (oh, you know what I mean). I loved the first one and even liked the remake.

seun
09-20-2010, 03:22 PM
It's good. Very good.
Enjoy. :evil

zahra
09-23-2010, 02:09 AM
I have the cakes and ale laid in in readiness. I love a good zombie, me.

seun
09-24-2010, 06:57 PM
I have the cakes and ale laid in in readiness. I love a good zombie, me.

If your cakes don't end up splatted on the ceiling from you jumping, I will be disappointed.

clockwork
10-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah, enjoyed it a lot. A neat twist I didn't think they'd indulge but one that switched the whole thing up and made it even creepier, if possible. I still prefer the first, but this one's a worthy successor, even if there were a few "Waaa?" moments - I'm looking at you, Mr. splitting up SWAT jefe, sending individual team members to investigate strange noises by themselves even though the entire building is drenched in the blood of the recently-chewed and it might be a good idea to stick together like ordinary SWAT teams do...

Other than, loved it. And the priest was soooooo-poib.

Calla Lily
10-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Is it 100% shakycam again?

clockwork
10-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Oh my, yes.

But they do have new helmet-cams, adding a POV angle which is somewhat more stable.

Jcomp
10-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I thought it was solid. It certainly didn't make me want to get busy and freaky with my own underwear though, but hey, different strokes...

...wait, what censored word are we talking about here...?

Calla Lily
10-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Oh my, yes.

But they do have new helmet-cams, adding a POV angle which is somewhat more stable.

:( No. the Lily would like to keep her dinner in her stomach.

DIE, SHAKYCAM, DIE!

clockwork
10-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I thought it was solid. It certainly didn't make me want to get busy and freaky with my own underwear though, but hey, different strokes...

...wait, what censored word are we talking about here...?

My undewear came out the other side of this one in shreds. But that's nothing unsual.

:( No. the Lily would like to keep her dinner in her stomach.

DIE, SHAKYCAM, DIE!

Ha... yeah, I understand. The first Rec suffered a bit from that though the US remake, Quarantine, was far worse for it, IMO. It doesn't bother me except if I sense the camera is being forcibly animated because it shatters the realism. Professional news cameramen (as in Rec and Quarantine) know that when something happens, you go wide and stay wide until you know what it is you're looking at and then zoom in to find the detail. Granted, it's harder to stay composed like that when crazy stuff's going down but it's taken a hair too far at times for me.

At the same time, a lot of the zooming, panning and shakiness is done to join/mask visual effects.