PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Lost as film?

K.C. Robertson
09-18-2010, 12:08 AM
As according to an AV Club article (linked here (http://www.avclub.com/articles/paradise-lost-to-become-asskicking-3d-action-film,45256/)) and a Variety article (linked here (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118024218.html?categoryid=13&cs=1)), Hollywood has decided the time is right for a Paradise Lost film. According to the articles, they're doing it as a heavy action film, quite possibly in 3-D.

I can't decide if I think this is a terrifying idea or a fantastic one. On one hand, they'll never begin to scratch the surface of the philosophy, and any reading they do of the poem probably won't hold water. On the other, angels throw mountains on each other. And that would really cool to watch.

Beyond that, I'm assuming on the basis of nothing but what seems reasonable to myself that Satan will probably be the hero.

Thoughts? I'm busting a gut to talk about this with people.

regdog
09-20-2010, 10:27 PM
If it's well done it could be brilliant. If it receives the Hollywood treatment it could be a disaster.

katiemac
09-20-2010, 10:31 PM
It could be interesting since it's Legendary (Dark Knight, Inception, The Town). But they also did Clash of the Titans, so...

Diana Hignutt
09-20-2010, 10:52 PM
I wrote a screenplay for Paradise Lost years ago.

I set Hell in a sewer pumping station, and Eden in a small forested highway clover-leaf median thing. I'm guessing they have grander visions in Hollywood.

kuwisdelu
09-20-2010, 11:02 PM
According to the articles, they're doing it as a heavy action film, quite possibly in 3-D.

*quickly runs in the opposite direction*

Mr. Anonymous
09-20-2010, 11:03 PM
I wrote a screenplay for Paradise Lost years ago.

I set Hell in a sewer pumping station, and Eden in a small forested highway clover-leaf median thing. I'm guessing they have grander visions in Hollywood.
If grander means lots of shit blowing up, then yeah. I think we can count on that.

Diana Hignutt
09-21-2010, 12:01 AM
If grander means lots of shit blowing up, then yeah. I think we can count on that.

See, I didn't have anything blow up in my screenplay. Can you imagine how crappy it must have been? No explosions? In a war movie? :)