Don't swear kiddo, or we'll call the FBI

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Haha. That is pretty funny. It seems a bit extreme to me as well, especially considering he's not even from America. I guess as a non-citizen, he doesn't get the freedom of speech? What would happen to an American citizen who called the Prez a prick?

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder just how drunk he was. I can't even find the keyboard when I've had a few, let alone hit the keys accurately enough to make any sense.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, a foreigner expressed an opinion. He didn't threaten any harm or pose any threat. So the police state bars him from the shores forever.

Land of the free and home of the brave, my red, white and blue ass.[SUP]1[/SUP]

[SUP]1[/SUP]For which statement I will presumably be deported.

Last edited:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Haha. I can. You should have seen the email my husband and I sent my ex back when we were dating. My ex was making it difficult for me to get my spousal support...it was an interesting email, and we got the money in full after we sent it. :D

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I know there's a Bill and Monica joke in there somewhere, probably including a cigar, maybe a blue dress...

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
Oh dear.... So if I - theoretically speaking of course - would have called George Bush a chuffing knobhead that would bar me from your shores?

*dials friends to get them to forget a certain conversation at a pub*

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I remember a story on the news a young guy had a sticker in his car window of GWB with a crown on that said "Off with his head" he was investigated by the Secret Service for threatening the President

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Okay, a foreigner expressed an opinion. He didn't threaten any harm or pose any threat. So the police state bars him from the shores forever.
Well, know. We don't actually know what was in the e-mail. The kid--when interviewed--said he doesn't remember exactly what he said, though he thinks maybe he call the President a prick.

Since he doesn't fully remember, maybe he did way more than that. Maybe he said he was hopping a plane, was gonna gut Obama with a hunting knife, then rape his wife and daughters to death.

Just a little fun, right?

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Chiming in with Rob, since we don't know what was actually in the e-mail and the guy who wrote it claims he doesn't remember what he wrote, it's hard to say whether it was overboard or not. All the Feds are saying is that it was threatening and abusive. If it was indeed a threatening letter then I think they're in their full right to ban a non-citizen from returning. If it was an actual citizen and they'd written a threatening letter to the president they'd probably wind up in a federal prision or at least extensively investigated with their lives turned upside down for a while and tailed and bugged and everything else.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I read this yesterday, one of the accounts hinted that some of what he said was threatening language, but it didn’t state clearly what it was that he said that could be considered threatening. I'll hold off judgment for now. Still, if one dos a threat assessment, I think it may have be overblown. And why is this kid that drunk at 17?

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Well, I'm pretty sure the FBI isn't gonna release the contents of the e-mail. And when I send an e-mail, there's usually a copy of it in my "Sent E-mails" folder, so I'd think the kid can find out what he said pretty easily. It is--to me--telling that he says he can't remember.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
I read this yesterday, one of the accounts hinted that some of what he said was threatening language, but it didn’t state clearly what it was that he said that could be considered threatening. I'll hold off judgment for now. Still, if one dos a threat assessment, I think it may have be overblown. And why is this kid that drunk at 17?

UK has a lower drinking age limit than the US.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Is it 17 or under? Maybe this kid will end up as the poster child for the UK raising it.

It'll take more than one pissed youth to get our drinking age raised. I can't believe there are many Britons who weren't drunk at least once before eighteen. Even the Prime Minister's son did it.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
UK has a lower drinking age limit than the US.

The legal age to drink in licensed premised (pubs/bars/restaurants) is 16 for beer, wine and cider.

The legal age to buy spirits is always 18, and if you want to buy a bottle or two of alcoholic beverages in shops and off-licenses.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
The legal age to drink in licensed premised (pubs/bars/restaurants) is 16 for beer, wine and cider.

Don't think so. It's eighteen with this exception:

16 and 17 year olds can consume an alcoholic drink (beer, cider, glass of wine) with a table meal if bought by an adult.

Mind you, it's that long since I was teenager, I don't really have a clue.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
but you can get razzed off your face on ecstasy in any urban area between 1:30 and 4:30 in the morning.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk

The legal age to buy spirits is always 18, and if you want to buy a bottle or two of alcoholic beverages in shops and off-licenses.

Ahem, pubs, bars/off license it's 18. 16 if you're having a meal out with an adult. Not sure about in private. Pretty low. (EATA: Five apparently)

ETA: beaten by a ninja dog made of plasticine

Last edited:

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I wonder just how much email the president gets? Thousands of messages a day, maybe? I mean, there's a fill in the blank mail form on the White House's website.

Let's say half of one percent call the president some kind of name. And this is the only guy who the feds said is banned from the US "just for" calling the president a name?

Doesn't seem very likely, somehow.

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score
The knee-jerk reaction to the article is to say the FBI over-reacted - but, as others have mentioned (and as often happens with news accounts) all the facts aren't there. I doubt the FBI has time or manpower to chase down foreign teenagers whose only offense is calling the President names, let alone banning them from the US.