Southern Discomfort (Finally!)

mystic_rose121

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Everybody :). I meant to make this announcement days ago, but life has been running me ragged (in a good way). The manuscript that I started working on in 2008 ( I posted Chapter 1 on here back in early 2009 when I was looking for an agent and/or publisher) is now a book! SOUTHERN DISCOMFORT, a novel set in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, is being published by Plenary(www.plenarypublishing.com), a new, independent publisher of multicultural fiction and nonfiction. It's their first release. This has been such a long time coming for me and I was starting to think it wouldn't ever happen. I like to think I got a lot of encouragement here on the AW Water Cooler. I didn't participate much back then but I signed on and read through the threads. I saved myself a lot of heartache by doing so. A couple of things I had to learn the hard way. I got several rejections but something in me made me refuse to accept "no" for an answer. I hope you guys will take a moment to check it out and let me know what you think. Chapter One is posted on my website(www.latonyajones.com).

My advice for those seeking publication? Never. Give. Up. Nevereverever.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

YukonMike

Look! That's my book!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fwfr.com
Congrats mystic rose 121.

You are officially a published author now!

(And tell the publisher to hurry up and send you your copy ASAP -- holding your first book in your hands for the first time is a once-in-a-lifetime feeling.)