PDA

View Full Version : Beta For Three Chapters?

Noah Body
09-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey folks,

I need some betas for the first three chapters of a book I've been working on for quite some time. My problem with them is this: I have a big cast, and getting them all introduced is proving to be a bit of an obstacle. I'm hoping some kind souls could get the pages a read and help me tweak things about so I can get the intros out of the way and stop worrying about this.

We're talking a fair commitment, as the three chapters clock in at about 8,100 words. There is a fair amount of military-type action and, dare I say it, vampires. Also adult language and not just a little bit of gore. (If only I'd been able to insert graphic sex, I'd have covered the holy trinity.)

A thousand thanks in advance.

Noah Body
09-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Still looking, if anyone might be interested... :D

Maryn
09-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Noah, it's outside my genre completely, but one way to lure potential betas, if you haven't already done so, is posting the first chapter or section at the appropriate SYW board and adding a link to that post here.

That makes it easy for potential betas to read a snippet and see if they're interested enough to make the larger commitment of beta reading.

Maryn, wishing you luck finding a good beta

amyashley
09-13-2010, 07:25 PM
I would be happy to do so. I write urban fantasy and am looking for things to keep me busy while I do revisions, search for agents, and work on my website.

My novel is about vampires as well, but they are pretty mild...it's comedy. I just finished a Beta swap and it was an extremely positive experience. I do ask that you be specific about what you want. I am a grammar retard and don't do that sort of edit, but I am good at flow, character development, etc. I would be happy to send some sample chapters if you would like to see some of my writing. Understand it is still under revisions.

amyashley
09-13-2010, 07:26 PM
amyashley@amyashleybooks.com