The Gunslinger Feature Film/TV Series Adaptation

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I can't open your link while I'm at work but even so, sounds interesting. Here's hoping it actually happens.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
The article mentions that Ron Howard has signed on to direct the first feature film and the first season of the TV show as well.

"The plan is to start with the feature film, and then create a bridge to the second feature with a season of TV episodes. That means the feature cast—and the big star who’ll play Deschain—also has to appear in the TV series before returning to the second film. After that sequel is done, the TV series picks up again, this time focusing on Deschain as a young gunslinger. Those storylines will be informed by a prequel comic book series that King was heavily involved in plotting. The third film would pick up the mature Deshain as he completes his journey. They will benefit from being able to use the same sets cast and crew for the movie and TV, which could help contain costs on what will be a financially ambitious undertaking"

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
I kinda don't like that you have to watch the TV show before seeing the movie, otherwise you'll miss out on the plot. Why not just 3-4 movies? I wouldn't mind seeing this in theaters, but I don't watch TV unless it's online.