PDA

View Full Version : In search of a beta/critique partner for YA Paranormal Romance

SK0609
09-09-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm looking for a critique partner. I'm in the query stages with my 90,000 word YA paranormal romance, but am considering going back and revising. While the response to my novel has been good, I'm still getting rejections, and I am trying to figure out why.

My ms has been through eight beta readers, all who gave BLUE LOTUS raving reviews, with minimal comments regarding changes. I did another round of revisions incorporating the issues they raised.

I'm hoping to find a critique partner/beta reader who is willing to read my entire novel and provide me with comments regarding plot, pacing, characterization, etc. I'm not really looking for a line edit, unless you see something way out of line.

Ideally I would like to find a CP with a YA novel that is complete, who would like to exchange manuscripts for a read through/critique.

Here is my query:

When seventeen-year-old Anna Caerulea's father invites her to excavate a tomb with him in Egypt over the summer, she sees it as the first step in her path to becoming an archaeologist, which she has dreamed of since she was a child. Instead, she finds a different dream come true – Alex, her father’s intern, is not only so attractive he makes her heart ache, he’s the subject of every dream she had long before she met him.

Together they discover a secret: their lives have been entwined in a millennia-long war between Anubis and Osiris. Anna and Alex must locate Osiris’ tomb before the death god is unleashed on Egypt, or their past is the only thing they’ll have together.

If you're interested in potentially hooking up as CP's please PM me!

SK0609
09-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Thank you to everyone who PM'd me to express interest in becoming my CP - I have found 3 CP's! Thanks again!