Full MS rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarch

GOML.
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I just got a very nice and personal rejection letter from Kathryn Green. She requested the entire manuscript (novel) a couple of weeks ago, and from the content of her letter I can tell she read the whole thing. Or at least almost all of it. It's nice knowing she didn't read a few pages and write it off...and I also feel good about the fact that she read it right away. Makes me think my query is doing its job.

But it's a rejection nonetheless. She likes the idea and thinks my type of novel has a place in today's fiction market...but she's not in love with it.

Based on our limited correspondence and her quick feedback, I really wish I could have landed Kathryn Green as my agent.

A rejection, but a nice rejection. Oh well...I still have another full manuscript and several partials floating around out there.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Zarch, that's really great. Ouch, fulls hurt, and hurt a lot. When I'm asked for partials or fulls from agents and publishers, I immediately go to their websites and fawn over them, actually convincing myself: "Oh, yeah, we would fit like a glove and resonate together--we're a pefect match." Then comes that dreaded no thanks. You know, I don't go to webistes anymore and Fawn. It's akin to getting to know a soldier in your trenches, then he dies on you. When you get to the point where it doesn't bother you so much, you know you're approaching pro status. 98% of this is rejection. Blast that puppy back out there and get your odds way up. Persistence pays off down the road.

Tri

zarch

GOML.
Registered
Reaction score
Fulls do hurt. But in the chain of rejection, it's the last point, right? The rejections pretty much go like this: reject query, reject partial, reject partial and synopsis, reject full...the only thing left is for the agent to accept! So maybe I'm knockin' on the door...

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Yes, you definitely have something there--now to get a series of comments about why the final reject is coming in. That is the analysis I'm at right now. I still need feedback on fulls to reexamine my work. We're at the end of the line, and all we have to do is polish, or sign on the dotted line, wot?

Tri

zarch

GOML.
Registered
Reaction score
I vote for sign on the dotted line.

Status
Not open for further replies.