PDA

View Full Version : First writers' retreat for me!

Ms Hollands
09-08-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm off to a writers' retreat next weekend. Amazingly, it's just around the corner from me here in the Alps, and it's the first time this chalet has run a retreat like this ('m a bit of a test student I guess).

So, what should I expect? Does anyone have any advice about how to get the most out of a weekend dedicated to improving writing ability? Should I prepare in any way?

So far, I've been asked for 6,000 words in advance so the facilitator can get a feel for my writing style. That's as prepared as I am, so any tips very much appreciated.

citymouse
09-08-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm off to a writers' retreat next weekend. Amazingly, it's just around the corner from me here in the Alps, and it's the first time this chalet has run a retreat like this ('m a bit of a test student I guess).

So, what should I expect? Does anyone have any advice about how to get the most out of a weekend dedicated to improving writing ability? Should I prepare in any way?

So far, I've been asked for 6,000 words in advance so the facilitator can get a feel for my writing style. That's as prepared as I am, so any tips very much appreciated.

I can only offer my father's advice to me. Speak little. Listen much.
C

LOG
09-09-2010, 12:59 AM
I can only offer my father's advice to me. Speak little. Listen much.
C

What the mouse said.

Daddyo
09-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Just have a cool time and enjoy the company and R-E-L-A-X.

Ms Hollands
09-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Yep, will follow all those rules for sure. I guess I'm curious to hear about other people's experiences of retreats and what they got out of it and what they *didn't* get out of it that they were expecting to.