PDA

View Full Version : Call for Submissions - The Parent Papers - pays $100 on publication

Debbie Curran
09-07-2010, 03:44 AM
The Parent Papers is developing themed anthologies of stories by parents for parents on various challenges in raising children.

The Parent Papers is still in its infancy though we anticipate steady growth as the anthologies go through development.

We plan to pay $100 on publication for each story - story length 300-1200 words.

Drop by the website for more details. Thanks for your interest.

http://www.theparentpapers.com (http://www.theparentpapers.com/)

MOD NOTE

Project delayed indefinitely. They are no longer accepting submissions. If they resume production they will
resume a call for submissions.

alexshvartsman
09-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi Debbie,

When do you anticipate the first anthology to be released? I am considering a submission but would appreciate some more concrete info on this project. Thanks very much,

Alex

Tom from UK
09-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Just checked their site. Note that they are looking for true stories about younger children written in the first person.

Debbie Curran
09-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Hi Alex,

The Parent Papers is still in its early stages - we're receiving positive feedback, but have not yet sold the project to a publisher.

I don't want to steer anyone the wrong way - it is very early - so to give you an anticipated release date would be unfair of me.

We are querying, sending proposal packages, and collecting the stories simultaneously to bring it all together in a more efficient timeline.

Hope that answers your question, Alex. Publication, and therefore payment, is still some time away. Thanks for your interest!

alexshvartsman
09-08-2010, 04:20 AM
Hi Debbie

Thank you for a quick and straightforward response. I will be sending something your way later this week. Best of luck with your project!

Sincerely,

Alex Shvartsman

Satori1977
09-11-2010, 07:17 PM
I think this is a great idea. I have tons of stories from my two little ones, so I will definitley look into this.

Beego
10-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Debbie, what rights are you purchasing?

Debbie Curran
10-14-2010, 01:03 AM
Hi Beego,

We'll be contacting all successful submission authors with the paperwork to tie up all the legalities.

Thanks for your interest.

stormie
04-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm bumping this. Their website is the same as it was in October, no updates, and their blog is now gone.

Anyone know what's going on?

gracemichael
04-28-2011, 08:49 PM
I was wondering the same thing .. thought about this a few days ago. I submitted several but never received anything at all to even say if they received them.

Maryn
04-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm guessing the project tanked, possibly unable to attract a publisher as they'd hoped. It'd be nice if they'd update their site plus every place they posted a call for manuscripts.

Maryn, sipping lukewarm coffee (shudder)

regdog
04-28-2011, 11:11 PM
I sent an inquiry if they are still operating. I'll let you know if I hear back.

regdog
04-29-2011, 02:54 PM
I heard back this morning.

The project has been delayed and the call for submissions is closed. They hope to get the project up and running again in a few months. If that happens they will once again have a call for submissions.

Their site was supposed to be taken down while they dealt with background issues.

stormie
04-29-2011, 05:43 PM
...and I gather those who submitted work back in Sept. or Oct. would have to resubmit when and if the time comes.

regdog
04-29-2011, 09:43 PM
I would assume so.