My Agent asked me for this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
Would you send me a short little bio, couple paragraphs, about
yourself and also anything you have had published.

Here is my dilemma. I haven't had anything published yet, so what should I write to "fluff it up" to where it still comes across as presentable?

Should I list things that relate to the book I wrote, or what?

I knew my "newbie" questions would start popping up again.

Chris

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
OneTeamOneDream said:
Would you send me a short little bio, couple paragraphs, about
yourself and also anything you have had published.

Here is my dilemma. I haven't had anything published yet, so what should I write to "fluff it up" to where it still comes across as presentable?

Should I list things that relate to the book I wrote, or what?

I knew my "newbie" questions would start popping up again.

Chris

Chris - Were the "things that relate to the book" published anywhere - in anything? I'm not a pro so I don't know, but I would imagine that since this is your agent, you shouldn't fluff too much - I would think honesty is the best policy. Think about what a great story you are for getting to this point.

Wait to see what the more knowledgeable around here say, but in the end, what you've written that the agent likes will speak for itself, I would think.

Good luck.

DeePower

Don't fluff

If you haven't had anything published, you haven't. Don't worry about it.

Dee

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
DeePower said:
If you haven't had anything published, you haven't. Don't worry about it.

Dee

Yeah, I didn't mean "fluff" like making stuff up, I meant like including the fact that I played college and pro baseball etc., even though it has nothing to do with writing.

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Hmm - I don't Chris. But what about if you've done other forms of expression or communicating like public speaking, teaching, lecturing, writing manuals, newsletters, anything like that?

adelaidegirl

It depends on what your book is about. Let's say, for instance, that the story is centred around the trials and tribulations of a college baseball team and you have played pro-baseball, I would definitely mention it. adelaidegirl

adelaidegirl

Whoops, just realised that this is the Non-Fiction query section. When I published my first book, which was about real estate, I hadn't had anything published previously. My bio mentioned my credentials for writing the book, ie that I had a successful track record in property investing. cheers, adelaidegirl

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
adelaidegirl said:
It depends on what your book is about. Let's say, for instance, that the story is centred around the trials and tribulations of a college baseball team and you have played pro-baseball, I would definitely mention it. adelaidegirl

Actually, yes, my book is on the trials and tribulations of a high school baseball team.

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Chris,
Don't worry about a lack of writing credentials: you're selling the story of your baseball team, about which you are eminently qualifed to write. Definitely include the fact that you are a professional baseball player and were a member of the team in the book, and leave it at that. You can always say, "this is Chris's first work of nonfiction," which is a little bit vague, but truthful.
Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.