PDA

View Full Version : Beta readers needed for my romantic women's fiction

crossword
09-06-2010, 09:03 AM
So far Iíve written about 20,000 words of my romantic women's fiction Sisters Across the Sea.

Iím not looking for edits. Iím looking mainly to see whether the story interests readers so far.

If it doesnít, then Iíll know I have to change it.

If you notice any major story flaws, something that needs to be changed to make the story work or make it more interesting, Iíd be glad to hear it.

If you find the plot or characters dull, please tell me.

If the writing is heavy and clunky, please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Hereís a brief outline:

Nikki Kothari is a completely Americanized twenty-eight-year-old who has rejected her Indian roots and disapproving Indian relatives.

Soon after her father mysteriously disappears, she learns she has a mother and sister alive in India. She flies there hoping to form the family bonds and connection she never had.

Her sister is welcoming; her mother is not. Even as Nikki grows closer to her sister, the cultural differences between them lead to unbridgeable conflicts.

As Nikki probes the reason for her mother's hostility, she realizes there are family secrets associated with her birth; secrets someone is willing to kill to keep.

Nikki finds herself mixed up in mystery and murder. To complicate matters, she meets an American, Rick Harper, who is supposedly here on a spiritual quest. As Nikki falls in love with him, she learns he is hiding some secrets of his own, and has an agenda that could destroy her family.

Siobhan
09-07-2010, 03:55 AM
Granted, I'm far from sure what a Beta reader is....but your summary was interesting and I'd be happy to answer your questions.

crossword
09-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Thanks Siobhan. Can you message me your email address through this site or post it here so I can send it my work to you?

A beta reader is simply one who reads the novel while it’s still a bit rough and gives feedback, first impressions.