PDA

View Full Version : Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated

LOG
09-05-2010, 01:20 AM
So...I just saw an episode of this, and it shocked me.
Because Velma made a pass at Shaggy.
:Jaw:

It never occured to me that they would actually make that sort of alteration to the Gang's chemistry.

I was also interested by Fred's density towards being brought Daphne to all-time highs, and how the gang is often in conflict with the town's adults.

Fred still has mad driving skills.

Smileycat
09-05-2010, 05:12 AM
I never saw that ep, LOG. Was it recently on the Cartoon Network?

LOG
09-05-2010, 05:41 AM
I never saw that ep, LOG. Was it recently on the Cartoon Network?

When I say pass, I mean that Velma invited him over to her house where there was, and I quote "lots of food," which is just about the only kind of flirting that would work with Shaggy.

Vespertilion
09-05-2010, 07:17 AM
I saw an ep of that a couple of weeks ago. Most of it seemed to be the writers really going nuts on the original material, really a lot of nudgenudgewinkwink for the older audience. I was really shocked by the Velma/Shaggy thing.

I guess I should hide for spoilery stuff, in case anyone cares ;o)
The one I saw, Shaggy kind of went with it at the end, and they nearly kissed, but they were interrupted. Everyone tried to call their parents to come get them, because the Mystery Machine broke down 3 miles! from their town. Shaggy's mother was in the middle of painting a nude portrait of his father, Daphne's mom was having a facial, and I can't remember what other reasons trapped the kids at the gator-infested motel. So weird, but I couldn't look away.

I will say they're doing some really fantastic things with the animation in some sequences, like they're using the series to try new styles and effects out.

Shadow Dragon
09-05-2010, 07:20 AM
I caught an episode where Velma and Shaggy went to the prom together. Unlike past series (serieses?), this one does seem to have an overarching plot. Apparently the mystery solvers club (a really old school club) disappeared and some mystery person is baiting the Fred and the gang into solving it for him/her.

Vespertilion
09-05-2010, 07:28 AM
One thing that cracked me up was when the local sheriff (Patrick Warburton, natch)arrived at the end of the episode to take the villains into custody, he notes in a kind of harried, tired, PW tone that he's doing it even though he has no legal grounds to do so.

It's almost like someone told the writers, "Here, take Scooby Doo and just...do whatever, no one cares."

Jessianodel
09-05-2010, 07:54 AM
lol Is that the new series where the eyes are all jacked up? Like lines with dots in the middle? So stupid.

On a side note, does anyone remember that mystery birthday cruise episode? In the bermuda triangle (maybe it was a movie?) But anyway, was Fred turning 40? I could've sworn he said that, and not only did Daphne (and everyone else) not know how old he was, or turning, but they didn't know his birthday. And weren't they in high school together??

Sometimes, I just tell myself everything makes sense, because it's easier.

defcon6000
09-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Oh wow, is this a new series? I must be out of the loop, I use to be such a fan of the older Scooby-Doo series. Although I have to ask: Why bring this back? It just seems as of late, there has been a real lack of new ideas. Instead, we get nothing but reboots. Next year it'll be Josie and the Pussycats. :tongue

LOG
09-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Josie and the Pussycats. :tongue

Thundercats: Thunder, I can see it happening...

Smileycat
09-05-2010, 02:38 PM
When I say pass, I mean that Velma invited him over to her house where there was, and I quote "lots of food," which is just about the only kind of flirting that would work with Shaggy.

OH..... :roll:

Shadow_Ferret
09-05-2010, 05:21 PM
I saw part of an ep, wasn't impressed with the art. Seemed they were trying to do that old fashioned Batman style art with everyone having square jaws.

LOG
09-05-2010, 08:05 PM
lol Is that the new series where the eyes are all jacked up? Like lines with dots in the middle?
Their eyes are still the same old black dots. Honestly though, I think actual eyes on the Scooby gang would freak me out.

Smileycat
09-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Their eyes are still the same old black dots. Honestly though, I think actual eyes on the Scooby gang would freak me out.
http://www.blinkyou.com/image_bank/avatar/avatar0787.jpg

Vespertilion
09-05-2010, 09:37 PM
I saw part of an ep, wasn't impressed with the art. Seemed they were trying to do that old fashioned Batman style art with everyone having square jaws.

They did this really interesting sequence where the lights got turned off in the hotel room, and then intermittant flashes on the gang and the baddy. There was something really hard and creepy about the effect, very stylish, but not necessarily in keeping with the rest of the ep's style. Which is what I meant earlier about it seeming a bit experimental to me in places. The episode I saw was very uneven.

LOG
09-06-2010, 06:57 AM
http://www.blinkyou.com/image_bank/avatar/avatar0787.jpg

I don't get it.

Shadow Dragon
09-06-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't get it.
Smileycat was showing what Scooby's eyes would actually look like in real life, ie all black.

Smileycat
09-07-2010, 12:55 AM
I don't get it.

I should have posted a close-up... of his eyes. Shadow Feret got me! Wow! Must be a genius!

My bad.

plaidearthworm
09-07-2010, 03:30 AM
They keep messing with Scooby. The series where they were all little kids was especially weird. I think I'll skip this incarnation as well, and just watch the original stuff again. Without sly innuendo or Scrappy-Doo. :)

Jessianodel
09-07-2010, 03:41 AM
My dad says Scrappy-Doo should be called Crappy doo...